Page 296 of 421 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4206
  1. #2951
    Super Member crazyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,838
    Location
    Northern Vermont

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    I rarely bother with HF now that they did away with the standard 20% coupon for on-line sales. When they send out the occasional 20% if you spend $100 I don't need anything. The store is just too far away.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

  2. #2952
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    228
    Location
    Middle of west TN
    Tractor
    JD: LX172, X740, 3520

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
    You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.

  3. #2953
    Veteran Member PhysAssist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,109
    Location
    Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by John_in_TN View Post
    Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
    You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.
    They send me an email with coupons and a link to additional coupons, usually including a 20% off coupon, and also there is a link "HF Digital Savings" that I'll post when I get to my desktop computer. That one has additional coupons and always has a 20% off one item coupon there.

    I recently bought their metal cutting circular saw and despite using it for cutting thicker than rated steel, it's still going strong and cutting smoothly.

    An aside, I bought a cold-cutting 14" carbide-tipped cut-off/chop saw on clearance from TSC, and it also kicks butt. It leaves clean sharp smooth ends and the stock stays cool enough to touch.

    I bought the HF saw for cutting pieces that don't fit into the chop saw's vice.

  4. #2954
    Platinum Member Furu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    701
    Location
    Washington
    Tractor
    JD 4720

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Has anyone tried the 2 inch brass ball valve. http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-...lve-66860.html
    Since everything else is made in China or Thailand that is used in plumbing I figure it is probably OK but thought I would ask. Their price is way better than the rest of the places thus I worry a bit about quality.
    JD 4720 - 400CX FEL, Woods BB-720 Brush Bull and BH90X backhoe, Salsco 6210XT PTO Chipper, Farmi 501 Logging Winch, Bo-Dozer Grapple, LP RBT4096, Cammond Road grader/leveler and Rankin Trash Forks

  5. #2955
    Super Member crazyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,838
    Location
    Northern Vermont

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

  6. #2956
    Veteran Member chopped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,575
    Location
    New England yankeee

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
    good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

  7. #2957
    Veteran Member chopped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,575
    Location
    New England yankeee

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
    good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

  8. #2958
    Platinum Member psj12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    518
    Location
    Short OK
    Tractor
    KIOTI 554

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    I just bought the Chicago Electric 1/2 inch hammer drill listed at 39.99. I used it to drill 20ea 3/8" holes in concrete and it worked flawlessly. The drill sank the 2" deep holes like drilling butter. I passed on the "on sale" hammer drill for 19.99 as it felt much cheaper and lighter construction. I also had a 20% coupon from my American Rifleman magazine so I got it for 31.99.

    I get the 20% coupons every month in the American Rifleman and the AARP rag.

  9. #2959
    Elite Member newbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,466
    Location
    From Vt, in Va, retiring to MS
    Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    This thread needs a summary.
    I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
    Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

    Two things
    It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
    Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

  10. #2960
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    This thread needs a summary.
    I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
    Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

    Two things
    It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
    Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.

    not trying to be a smart iss, but why didn't ya do a summery while you were going threw all the replies?

Page 296 of 421 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346396 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.