Page 296 of 421 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4206

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

I rarely bother with HF now that they did away with the standard 20% coupon for on-line sales. When they send out the occasional 20% if you spend $100 I don't need anything. The store is just too far away.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD: LX172, X740, 3520

Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
    You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by John_in_TN View Post
    Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
    You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.
    They send me an email with coupons and a link to additional coupons, usually including a 20% off coupon, and also there is a link "HF Digital Savings" that I'll post when I get to my desktop computer. That one has additional coupons and always has a 20% off one item coupon there.

I recently bought their metal cutting circular saw and despite using it for cutting thicker than rated steel, it's still going strong and cutting smoothly.

An aside, I bought a cold-cutting 14" carbide-tipped cut-off/chop saw on clearance from TSC, and it also kicks butt. It leaves clean sharp smooth ends and the stock stays cool enough to touch.

I bought the HF saw for cutting pieces that don't fit into the chop saw's vice.

Tractor
    JD 4720

Has anyone tried the 2 inch brass ball valve. http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-...lve-66860.html
    Since everything else is made in China or Thailand that is used in plumbing I figure it is probably OK but thought I would ask. Their price is way better than the rest of the places thus I worry a bit about quality.
    JD 4720 - 400CX FEL, Woods BB-720 Brush Bull and BH90X backhoe, Salsco 6210XT PTO Chipper, Farmi 501 Logging Winch, Bo-Dozer Grapple, LP RBT4096, Cammond Road grader/leveler and Rankin Trash Forks

So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
    good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

Tractor
    KIOTI 554

I just bought the Chicago Electric 1/2 inch hammer drill listed at 39.99. I used it to drill 20ea 3/8" holes in concrete and it worked flawlessly. The drill sank the 2" deep holes like drilling butter. I passed on the "on sale" hammer drill for 19.99 as it felt much cheaper and lighter construction. I also had a 20% coupon from my American Rifleman magazine so I got it for 31.99.

I get the 20% coupons every month in the American Rifleman and the AARP rag.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

This thread needs a summary.
    I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
    Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

Two things
    It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
    Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    This thread needs a summary.
    I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
    Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

Two things
    It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
    Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.

not trying to be a smart iss, but why didn't ya do a summery while you were going threw all the replies?

Page 296 of 421 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346396 ... LastLast