Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,951  
I rarely bother with HF now that they did away with the standard 20% coupon for on-line sales. When they send out the occasional 20% if you spend $100 I don't need anything. The store is just too far away.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,952  
Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,953  
Maybe they don't do it the same everywhere, but I get email ads at least one per week, I get a monthly printed sales booklet (October is 24pages which I think is typical), and I usually find 2 or 3 different sales flyers in each local Sunday paper which all include a 20% off one item coupon and a free item coupon (Led flashlight, 25' tape measure, scissors, muti-meter, screw driver set, etcl). ALL of these coupons are good in a store, online or by phone. I guess I am lucky: I have a store within 10 miles of home and in a ftequently travelled area - maybe too convenient!!!
You can signup to receive these adds in a store or online at harborfreight.com.

They send me an email with coupons and a link to additional coupons, usually including a 20% off coupon, and also there is a link "HF Digital Savings" that I'll post when I get to my desktop computer. That one has additional coupons and always has a 20% off one item coupon there.

I recently bought their metal cutting circular saw and despite using it for cutting thicker than rated steel, it's still going strong and cutting smoothly.

An aside, I bought a cold-cutting 14" carbide-tipped cut-off/chop saw on clearance from TSC, and it also kicks butt. It leaves clean sharp smooth ends and the stock stays cool enough to touch.

I bought the HF saw for cutting pieces that don't fit into the chop saw's vice.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,954  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,955  
So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,956  
So I looked again and HF now does offer the 20% for on-line. They sort of changed their coupon. If you read the fine print it says "save 20% on any one item at our store" and the next line is "coupon is good at our stores or on-line or by phone". The coupon code wouldn't work on-line but it does now.
good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,957  
good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,958  
I just bought the Chicago Electric 1/2 inch hammer drill listed at 39.99. I used it to drill 20ea 3/8" holes in concrete and it worked flawlessly. The drill sank the 2" deep holes like drilling butter. I passed on the "on sale" hammer drill for 19.99 as it felt much cheaper and lighter construction. I also had a 20% coupon from my American Rifleman magazine so I got it for 31.99.

I get the 20% coupons every month in the American Rifleman and the AARP rag.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,959  
This thread needs a summary.
I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

Two things
It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,960  
This thread needs a summary.
I went thru the last 10 months or so of posts (around post #2000)) and only found about 20 items recommended.
Now my browser shows 2958 posts.

Two things
It's really great to save 20%. But 20% on a $6 tool and 20% on a $2,500 sawmill (Portable Saw Mill w/ 7 HP Gas Engine) is better.
Recommend their Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle sawzall dupe. Mine has been working well.

not trying to be a smart iss, but why didn't ya do a summery while you were going threw all the replies?