Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,971  
I bought a laser thermometer and use it for, of all things, the perfect barbeque. In this thread I have posted more of the details--search for it-- but I can do ribs and chicken better than I ever have using the thing.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,975  

I was wondering that myself. Can't run much stuff with only 800 watts available.

Ken

I used mine this weekend for a trail maintenance project at the local state park. It was perfect in that it was light enough to carry in and powerful enough to run a Sawzall. It was also quiet enough that it was not a distraction. Several people were amazed when I told them what I paid for it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,976  
Ok, I see. I could only run a drill or lightbulbs at that rating. My lowest rated saw is 8 amp (960 watt) so I didn't consider that use.

Ken

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,977  
Why half a dozen? :laughing:
Well I didn't get around to it due to other obligations. But the purpose for a "half dozen" is that I like to be able to help people out.

This small generator is just about right to power a small fridge based on:
I bought one of those little two stroke gens and I don't think it is too loud when you consider you're not paying the Honda price. It is definently quiter than the small chinese four stroke.

I found the generator adequate to pull a full sized refrigerator/freezer but that is all. Don't try to run above its' capacity or it will pop the breaker. Additionally I found it to be set too slow. I attached a voltmeter to it with a 100 W lamp as a partial load and found it was only putting out 92 V. I adjusted the voltage/speed screw and it now runs better and puts out 110V.

Or definitely a mini bar fridge.

To be the man with the power for 6 households for the measly sum of $500 is not to bad when the power goes out. I get a good feeling when I'm able to do things like clear the widows driveway after a big snowstorm, chop up the downed tree, pull the little cars out of wherever they are stuck, etc.

Plus if I've several small generators to lend I don't feel bad about saying NO to lending my bigger generators.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,978  
good to know.ill have to try it next time it comes in.

Here is the link to their "Digital Savings" website where there has always been a 20% off a single item coupon [as well a others that rotate through] every time I've accessed it.

Digital Savings

Thomas

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,979  
Hey guys... I was thinking about buying a set of gear pullers, so was checking out what HF had to offer. I found these, and I GOTTA HAVE 'EM!!! :cool2:The first set of pullers I have ever seen that you could use indoors AND outdoors!! :laughing:Who says HF just copies other companies designs. I would be willing to bet a 800 watt HF generator against a doughnut that NO other tool seller offers an indoor AND outdoor puller set.:D

I haven't bought 'em yet, so I can't say they don't suck, but I will let you know as soon as I get 'em

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,980  
Whatcha get when you let secretaries transcribe (and maybe edit) tool descriptions - I'm thinkin' whoever did that thought "inside" and "outside" weren't as sophisticated sounding as "indoor and "outdoor" :=)