Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,991  
Won't be long before we see a bag of peanuts that warns the bag may contain peanuts.

It's actually required under the new food allergy protection rules that the FDA put out a few years ago. It doesn't matter if it says peanuts (or milk, soy, egg, etc.) everywhere else on the package. You have to have it called out specifically on the ingredient statement. That's where all these packages come from with wording under the ingredient statement like "ALLERGENS: Contains Peanuts"

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,992  
WARNING

HF ThunderBolt AAA Alkaline batteries. They ALL leaked!

I've notice that Chinese devices that come with batteries soon have a green chemical garden inside. The HF free flashlights are a good example.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,993  
Those little blue flashlights came real handy while the power was out the past few days.
I have about a dozen. Left them all over the house so there was always one handy. The side with lots of LED's was great for lighting a room. I even balanced one on my headboard in bed to light the book I wanted to read!

Very handy, light for a long time as well, only one went dead and three AAA batterys later it was back in service.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,994  
Those little blue flashlights came real handy while the power was out the past few days.
I have about a dozen. Left them all over the house so there was always one handy. The side with lots of LED's was great for lighting a room. I even balanced one on my headboard in bed to light the book I wanted to read!

Very handy, light for a long time as well, only one went dead and three AAA batterys later it was back in service.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,995  
In the past HF has provided parts for items they sell. Over on Welding Web I've seen a couple of posts indicating this policy ended.

[weldbay] Seriously, all that HF gives now is the manuf. warranty. They do not even handle it, you have to contact the manf. yourself

[Bluewelders] One of the things that made me feel better about Harbor Freight,was the ability to get parts for their current tools like welders and such. They either had them on hand or could order them.

This is the response to an email I sent them a couple of days ago.

"Thank you for your email. We are sorry, but Harbor Freight no longer is able to provide special order parts. The part that you require was a special order part. We do apologize about any inconvenience this creates."
...And they haven't traditionally identified the sources for their stuff. "Inconvenience" ??? I think that is a euphemism for "Don't call us. All you can do now is send your welder, compressor, whatever, to the landfill".

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,996  
And if you look carefully at their print and email advertising, the 20% discount is starting to morph into 15% discounts. Not everwhere and not even a dominant theme but I have seen it on an increasing basis. It used to be 25% until it became 20% and now?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,997  
And if you look carefully at their print and email advertising, the 20% discount is starting to morph into 15% discounts. Not everwhere and not even a dominant theme but I have seen it on an increasing basis. It used to be 25% until it became 20% and now?

I predicted this years ago. Once they have the fishes hooked...

PS. I'm one of those fish too. :mad:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,998  
It Successed!

(First message I saw after installing an early video [or sound?] card. About DOS 2.2 era.)

And of course the classic from some early video game. "All your base are belong to us!!!"

"For great justice!"

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,999  
Well, HF is good for certain things, at certain times, for certain people. I just finished installing a couple of LED lights on my old Kubota, and you can guess where I went to buy the 1/4" corrugated plastic wiring tubing I used. While there, I found a coiled PVC air line in clearance for $2- that'd be handy. Add the free gift, and the 20% off coupon, and I was a satisfied customer.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,000  
Oh yes and the hose could also be used to run wires through.Altho now I read your post I think you menat youd use it for air.lol
I bought the rubber hose and had only 4 blowouts right away.. lol