Page 303 of 426 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303304305306313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4257
    Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    I've got one of the tire changers. Biggest problem is finding a suitable anchor for it if you don't have extra floor space to mount it to. When I built my fork extensions I mounted the changer on a piece of scrap plate that I had and it sandwiches the fork between the other half of the plate like a bolt clamp. Makes a pretty substantial base for it.
    Yep--that tire changer ain't goin' anywhere--clever thinking
    My HP tire changer is bolted to a base made from scrap 2x and 4x lumber I had laying around.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

Quote Originally Posted by allen6634
    hope your store isn't like the one close to me it is higher than the internet i'll find something i want and get to the store and see that the price is much higher so i just get something eles , only time i buy from store is if i need it now.
    The stores near me will price match the internet price. Just take in a print out of the ad, or even show it to them on your smart phone.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by BigE_ View Post
    The stores near me will price match the internet price. Just take in a print out of the ad, or even show it to them on your smart phone.
    I've had similar experiences. There are three stores I frequent depending on where I am, and all three will price match internet prices.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

I was in Harbor Freight yesterday, killing time while the spouse was at the craft/ fabric store down the street.
    There was 41/2" angle grinder on sale for 9.99$.

Looked to be of good quality...so I figured I would regret leaving the store without it even though I already have 2.
    I can justify 3 grinders, as it's quicker than having to switch from a cutoff wheel to a grinding wheel to a wire brush... Anyway... it's mine and it seems to be OK even though it's only 4.5 amps, enough for a cup brush.
    For 10$ I figured I would give it a go ...90 day warranty.
    Life is like a dick, sometimes it becomes hard for no reason whatsoever.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. ― Thomas Jefferson

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Can't beat that for an angle grinder. I like the idea of not having to change out discs like you said.

I recently picked up an OBDII scanner essentially as an "open box return" not used.
    -image_12019-jpg

This is the "top end" model. Very easy to use- scrolling through the menu and finding the data I needed was easy. I haven't yet tried to upload anything to my computer or- update the software. For my needs, tieing anything to my computer isn't a necessity. I have heard that some probems may arise with updating the software but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I now will be able to do a lot more of the maintenance on my vehices and save substantial money. Already, on our Audi- I have been able to deal with several issues that have persisted. That alone has saved at least one $80.00 scan at the dealership.
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post
    I was in Harbor Freight yesterday, killing time while the spouse was at the craft/ fabric store down the street.
    There was 41/2" angle grinder on sale for 9.99$.

Looked to be of good quality...so I figured I would regret leaving the store without it even though I already have 2.
    I can justify 3 grinders, as it's quicker than having to switch from a cutoff wheel to a grinding wheel to a wire brush... Anyway... it's mine and it seems to be OK even though it's only 4.5 amps, enough for a cup brush.
    For 10$ I figured I would give it a go ...90 day warranty.
    Better save your receipt too because it's no tickee, no laundry if it breaks.
    Could you do a follow-up post on the grinder and tell how it works out?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

I have had two of the blue grinders for several years now. (15+ years for the first one, maybe 6 years for the second). I have a knotted wire wheel on one and cup brush on the other. They work great for cleaning before welding and for cleanup after. It is convenient to have both within reach. I think they are fine for this light use, and for casual hobby work. Their gears scream "throwaway tool". These draw 4 amps for a comparison of power.

I also have their better 4 inch grinder, and then bought the paddle 4 inch one when it came out. 4.5 amp and 6 amp. These are ok but I think one of these (for its light weight) plus a much stronger (but heavier) 4 inch grinder would be more productive - for example the 11 amp Milwaukee at $100.

Note I am describing 4 inch and 4.5 inch interchangeably; I can't see any difference in this spec.

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Better save your receipt too because it's no tickee, no laundry if it breaks.
    Could you do a follow-up post on the grinder and tell how it works out?
    I used it today for about an hour. I compared it to my Hitachi, that I bought for 29$ and it looks as though it was made with the same parts.
    I get your point as I once bought a chop saw (metal/abrasive) at HF and it lasted 2 cuts before it failed. The switch went out. That saw was 5-10 times more than this grinder, I don't remember how much it cost, but I do remember how mad I was that I had to go out, take it back and buy another at Lowes for 200$. I was at the beginning of a project.

If this fails I'm not going anywhere for 10$.
    I suspect that if it lasted for an hour today It's mine to the death...which ever comes first.
    I still have the first angle grinder I ever bought, B$D.... I've had it for over 25 years. I have dissembled it and replaced the grease in the head with a high quality synthetic.
    That's probably what I should do with the other two.
    Life is like a dick, sometimes it becomes hard for no reason whatsoever.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. ― Thomas Jefferson

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Agreed on the grease. Whatever it is for grease in China must not really be grease. Be it roller wheels or whatever , I grease it and it helps. Learned that when I bought a bunch of 3" wheels on sale and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't roll. No grease. Try that some time.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B6100DT

Used these all summer w/o a failure:

3/4" x 25 Ft. Soaker Hose

Dan C.
    B6100DT, FEL, BH

Page 303 of 426 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303304305306313353403 ... LastLast