Page 315 of 648 FirstFirst ... 215265305312313314315316317318325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6472
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    sounds like you need to excercise a little more if you can't run a saw more than a couple times a day ,
    last week I bought one of these Dewalt saws at a local pawn shop for $100.00 easily replaceable brushes and like new condition , never ceases to amaze me why people won;t use pawn shops to buy equipment Attachment 301113
    seriously good deal there. Just think Grumpy, you could have bought that in Las Vegas and got on tv! Grumpy takes on the Pawn Stars and wins! And the crowd at TBN roars.
    one can dream...
    you must live near a larger urban area. I don't go down to Philadelphia much, and there aren't any pawn stores within close distance of our area, maybe at the bottom of Bucks
    County. We do have a used tool place that's pretty neat, but I worry about getting rejects there.

getting a bit off track, someday I would love to have hour meters put on every piece of electrical or powered machinery. Some cheap tech, why should it cost more than a buck?
    I know people can abuse things, and my problem is that I don't have the mechanical or electrical background most of you do, it appears..., and I could get really suckered by
    a shiny paint job when buying used. If the seller offers a full return if dissatisfied within a short time period, I'd be fine. If it cuts crooked, smells, smokes, knocks, rattles, whines, whatever,
    I can figure that out, it's obvious. But would I know I'm getting full power? No way. Even using tools all my life.
    ok, off my soapbox, but if someone would invent a really cheap hourmeter, boy I'd buy a bunch of them.

If you don't make a living with your tools, and use them every day, I think most homeowners don't put many hours on their table saws or their Sawzalls.
    So I'd sure expect to see low hours on that good looking Dewalt you bought.

Getting a warranty becomes important for sure when dealing with HF. 90 days is sure skimpy though, though I'm sure that's reflected in the price.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long solid bucket grapple, TNT, CA forks and stump bucket, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, ETA heavy duty rake and blade, Northern Tools 55 gal orchard sprayer, tow behind 8hp Little Wonder blower,

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

[QUOTE=Grumpy Old Man;3175076]...

...Last week I bought one of these Dewalt saws at a local pawn shop for $100.00 easily replaceable brushes and like new condition , never ceases to amaze me why people won't use pawn shops to buy equipment ..

Indeed, one of the great mysteries of our time. Some of my best deals have come from the pawn shop.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

sounds like you need to excercise a little more if you can't run a saw more than a couple times a day ,
    last week I bought one of these Dewalt saws at a local pawn shop for $100.00 easily replaceable brushes and like new condition , never ceases to amaze me why people won;t use pawn shops to buy equipment Attachment 301113
    I have got a few good deals in pawn shops, like the 60# anvil (just guessing)for $60 but for the most part, I find the majority of times, the pawn shops want new prices for their goods.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

[QUOTE=sixdogs;3175163]

...Last week I bought one of these Dewalt saws at a local pawn shop for $100.00 easily replaceable brushes and like new condition , never ceases to amaze me why people won't use pawn shops to buy equipment ..

Indeed, one of the great mysteries of our time. Some of my best deals have come from the pawn shop.

recent (last month) pawn shop buys Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-001-jpg husky 22 ton logsplitter $450.00 Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-010-jpg 18 volt dewalt hammer drill and sawzall combo kit $75.00 Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-011-jpg milwaukee 1 1/2 inch hammer drill with new bits $100.00 Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-008-jpg Master cool a/c vacuum pump and gauges $35.00 also new in box Echo cs-400 chainsaw $140.00

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    seriously good deal there. Just think Grumpy, you could have bought that in Las Vegas and got on tv! Grumpy takes on the Pawn Stars and wins! And the crowd at TBN roars.
    one can dream...
    you must live near a larger urban area. I don't go down to Philadelphia much, and there aren't any pawn stores within close distance of our area, maybe at the bottom of Bucks
    County. We do have a used tool place that's pretty neat, but I worry about getting rejects there.

getting a bit off track, someday I would love to have hour meters put on every piece of electrical or powered machinery. Some cheap tech, why should it cost more than a buck?
    I know people can abuse things, and my problem is that I don't have the mechanical or electrical background most of you do, it appears..., and I could get really suckered by
    a shiny paint job when buying used. If the seller offers a full return if dissatisfied within a short time period, I'd be fine. If it cuts crooked, smells, smokes, knocks, rattles, whines, whatever,
    I can figure that out, it's obvious. But would I know I'm getting full power? No way. Even using tools all my life.
    ok, off my soapbox, but if someone would invent a really cheap hourmeter, boy I'd buy a bunch of them.

If you don't make a living with your tools, and use them every day, I think most homeowners don't put many hours on their table saws or their Sawzalls.
    So I'd sure expect to see low hours on that good looking Dewalt you bought.

Getting a warranty becomes important for sure when dealing with HF. 90 days is sure skimpy though, though I'm sure that's reflected in the price.
    an hour meter would just tell you how long they used it not how hard ,I could cut gras for 25 hrs or tie a chain and jerk logs out lifting the front end off the ground for 25 hrs which is worse ? my tractor had 641 hrs when I got it if I changed the hr meter now and ran it up to 650 hrs over the next year how would you know ? especially if I did my own repairs and never took it to any repair shop that would write down the hrs when repaired ?

Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

an hour meter will not tell if the tool or piece of equipment has been submerged in a flood. Good deal on ex-Katrina tools...
    an hour meter will not tell if the unit was used way past its capacity but is not showing visible effects.
    and looking at your spic and span 855, I bet you could do exactly what you are talking about Grumpy. Put a coat of paint on a 10,000 hour machine
    at 1000 hours and you sure can say it looks like a 500 hour machine. Salesman use that lingo at times in ads.

Ok, taking your point, on my dollar hour meter, a little submenu please for the log on engine overheats... Now it's up to two bucks.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long solid bucket grapple, TNT, CA forks and stump bucket, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, ETA heavy duty rake and blade, Northern Tools 55 gal orchard sprayer, tow behind 8hp Little Wonder blower,

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    an hour meter will not tell if the tool or piece of equipment has been submerged in a flood. Good deal on ex-Katrina tools...
    an hour meter will not tell if the unit was used way past its capacity but is not showing visible effects.
    and looking at your spic and span 855, I bet you could do exactly what you are talking about Grumpy. Put a coat of paint on a 10,000 hour machine
    at 1000 hours and you sure can say it looks like a 500 hour machine. Salesman use that lingo at times in ads.

Ok, taking your point, on my dollar hour meter, a little submenu please for the log on engine overheats... Now it's up to two bucks.

add an engine over rev and complete engine self diagnostics also fuel system quality monitor and tire pressure recorder and of course the seat weight recorder to make sure someone like me wasn't overloading the machine ! P.S. that picture was in the driveway it's at the property and alot dirtier now

Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-009-jpg

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I have got a few good deals in pawn shops, like the 60# anvil (just guessing)for $60 but for the most part, I find the majority of times, the pawn shops want new prices for their goods.
    It is new price for old stuff that stopped me from even checking with pawn shops any more. Back in the days of Sear Surplus stores I did much better.

HF works out well for our equipment needs since some of them are still in the boxes years later.

Tractor
    Kubota L295DT

Has anyone tried out HF's powder coating kit?
    It's always about food.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by leeinMT View Post
    Has anyone tried out HF's powder coating kit?
    I want to but not yet and they have limited colors like red/yellow/black if i remember right

Page 315 of 648 FirstFirst ... 215265305312313314315316317318325365415 ... LastLast