Page 319 of 421 FirstFirst ... 219269309316317318319320321322329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4206
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Just dont let them "catch" when using in the drillpress. I did that and snapped the 1/4" stem off...

Aaron Z
    That has to be a better drill press than my $39 (now $59) HF model. I should upgrade.

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    I think Torin just buys their stuff from the same factory in China as HF and a lot of similar products selling for about the same price on eBay. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if there are multiple companies all using the exact same design with the exact same specs being built in the exact same way on an assembly line set up exactly the same as every other company. I could be wrong but I think there are factories in China that send out lists of what they build to any company that wants to sell them. Theses Chinese companies only want to deal in bulk. I'm also guessing that they will make changes to their designs if a customer is willing to pay for it and willing to buy a large enough lot but most don't make any changes (other than paint color) and decals.

You are correct sir- take a look at AliBaba.com [IIRC], where you can search for just about anything, and some[likely SE Asian] body will show up, who [can] make[s] it.

A few years ago, I was looking for a special wheel and tire combination for a cart I was building, and asked a couple of vendors there about sourcing from them, but they all really wanted me to buy more [though not a HUGE!! qty] than I was looking to get.

They also [pretty persistently for a bit] kept offering to make virtually any modifications I wanted in order to get me to order from them.

Believe it or not, they even offered to send free exemplars of their work [otherwise known as samples] postage paid, but I felt like taking advantage of their offer was dishonest if I really never intended to buy in the amounts they wanted to sell.

I guess I could always have unloaded them on E-bay...

FWIW,
    Thomas

PS: These have worked well for me and got good reviews on the HF site:
    4 Piece 1/2" Drive Lugnut Impact Socket Set
    Pittsburgh - item#93149

Change tires in your own garage with this lug nut socket set
    This lug nut socket set is specifically designed to fit most lug nut sizes to change tires on your car or truck. Built with chrome molybdenum steel for durability, these sockets stay strong even at high torque. Featuring laser-etched size markings for quick and easy identification and a 3" extension bar for deep wheel wells, this lug nut socket set makes changing tires easier than ever.

• Specifically designed for the most popular lug nut sizes
    • Heavy duty chrome molybdenum steel construction
    • Laser-etched size markings
    • Includes 3" extension bar

Only: $19.99
    Sale: $16.99

...and Here again is HF's "Digital Savings page URL:
    Digital Savings

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

here's a cheap and very useful rubber matting sold by HF. The adhesive is decent, not great, though I use bolts and flat washers usually.
    I don't see this matting around that much so I usually pick up some pieces when I make the trip. on sale it's like a buck a strip.

I love the Chinese instructions. Use only for intended purposes, but say absolutely nothing about what those purposes are.
    And btw, save these useless instructions for future use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p1010900-2-jpg   -p1010901-2-jpg  

Tractor
    Hyster H50

Never seen those before, I could use a couple of them on the Bobcat.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    Never seen those before, I could use a couple of them on the Bobcat.
    they've held up real well. I've got them all over the place where feet step, and they grip in the wet just fine.
    As long as you make sure they are used for their intended purpose, you'll be alright...
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, Land Pride RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, Land Pride 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mower, Gravely snowblower, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,Ariens snowblower, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2006 JD LX280, , 1968 Cub Cadet 125, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Just wanted to mention that the quality of HF tools depends on some degree which factory they come from. When I was shopping for a table top drill press one of the floor guys pointed this out to me. They had two drill presses the looked nearly identical. The one was tight and the other was junk. They did have different product codes.

Silver Member

I'm thinking of buying a HF 7000 watt generator. At $499.99 it seems like a good value. Anyone have and use this generator and how do you like it? Also, is the extended warranty worth buying? I generally do not get an extended warranty but with HF I may go that route. Thanks for any info on this.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by ETpilot View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a HF 7000 watt generator. At $499.99 it seems like a good value. Anyone have and use this generator and how do you like it? Also, is the extended warranty worth buying? I generally do not get an extended warranty but with HF I may go that route. Thanks for any info on this.
    I see it for $100 more. The neighbor has a predator engines on a log spliter. That model has a weak governor spring. After a few months of occasional use it started hunting. A few bends shortened it up enough to smooth it out but it should be replaced.

It is tempting at $500 but if the intended purpose is backup power I would need to hear a few positive reports but that is why you posted

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1030

I buy some Harbor Freight tools. I like the aluminum floor jacks,
    Lewbish

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Lewbish View Post
    I buy some Harbor Freight tools. I like the aluminum floor jacks,
    Lewbish

Page 319 of 421 FirstFirst ... 219269309316317318319320321322329369419 ... LastLast