Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,182  
I think Torin just buys their stuff from the same factory in China as HF and a lot of similar products selling for about the same price on eBay. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if there are multiple companies all using the exact same design with the exact same specs being built in the exact same way on an assembly line set up exactly the same as every other company. I could be wrong but I think there are factories in China that send out lists of what they build to any company that wants to sell them. Theses Chinese companies only want to deal in bulk. I'm also guessing that they will make changes to their designs if a customer is willing to pay for it and willing to buy a large enough lot but most don't make any changes (other than paint color) and decals.

:thumbsup:
You are correct sir- take a look at AliBaba.com [IIRC:confused2:], where you can search for just about anything, and some[likely SE Asian] body will show up, who [can] make it.

A few years ago, I was looking for a special wheel and tire combination for a cart I was building, and asked a couple of vendors there about sourcing from them, but they all really wanted me to buy more [though not a HUGE!! qty] than I was looking to get.

They also [pretty persistently for a bit] kept offering to make virtually any modifications I wanted in order to get me to order from them.

Believe it or not, they even offered to send free exemplars of their work [otherwise known as samples] postage paid, but I felt like taking advantage of their offer was dishonest if I really never intended to buy in the amounts they wanted to sell.

I guess I could always have unloaded them on E-bay... :laughing:

FWIW,
Thomas

PS: These have worked well for me and got good reviews on the HF site:
4 Piece 1/2" Drive Lugnut Impact Socket Set
Pittsburgh - item#93149

[FONT=09e02d71153c6fe90dec41e0#480d00]Change tires in your own garage with this lug nut socket set
This lug nut socket set is specifically designed to fit most lug nut sizes to change tires on your car or truck. Built with chrome molybdenum steel for durability, these sockets stay strong even at high torque. Featuring laser-etched size markings for quick and easy identification and a 3" extension bar for deep wheel wells, this lug nut socket set makes changing tires easier than ever.

• Specifically designed for the most popular lug nut sizes
  • Heavy duty chrome molybdenum steel construction
  • Laser-etched size markings
  • Includes 3" extension bar

Only: $19.99
Sale: $16.99

image_13728.jpg

...and Here again is HF's "Digital Savings page URL:
Digital Savings

[/FONT]

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,183  
here's a cheap and very useful rubber matting sold by HF. The adhesive is decent, not great, though I use bolts and flat washers usually.
I don't see this matting around that much so I usually pick up some pieces when I make the trip. on sale it's like a buck a strip.

I love the Chinese instructions. Use only for intended purposes, but say absolutely nothing about what those purposes are.
And btw, save these useless instructions for future use. :confused:

Attachments

• P1010900 (2).jpg
    P1010900 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 396
  • P1010901 (2).jpg
    P1010901 (2).jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 219
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,184  
Never seen those before, I could use a couple of them on the Bobcat.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,185  
Never seen those before, I could use a couple of them on the Bobcat.

they've held up real well. I've got them all over the place where feet step, and they grip in the wet just fine.
As long as you make sure they are used for their intended purpose, you'll be alright...:confused2:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,186  
Just wanted to mention that the quality of HF tools depends on some degree which factory they come from. When I was shopping for a table top drill press one of the floor guys pointed this out to me. They had two drill presses the looked nearly identical. The one was tight and the other was junk. They did have different product codes.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,187  
I'm thinking of buying a HF 7000 watt generator. At $499.99 it seems like a good value. Anyone have and use this generator and how do you like it? Also, is the extended warranty worth buying? I generally do not get an extended warranty but with HF I may go that route. Thanks for any info on this.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,188  
I'm thinking of buying a HF 7000 watt generator. At $499.99 it seems like a good value. Anyone have and use this generator and how do you like it? Also, is the extended warranty worth buying? I generally do not get an extended warranty but with HF I may go that route. Thanks for any info on this.

I see it for $100 more. The neighbor has a predator engines on a log spliter. That model has a weak governor spring. After a few months of occasional use it started hunting. A few bends shortened it up enough to smooth it out but it should be replaced.

It is tempting at $500 but if the intended purpose is backup power I would need to hear a few positive reports but that is why you posted :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,189  
I buy some Harbor Freight tools. I like the aluminum floor jacks,
Lewbish