Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4206
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

At that price on the generator, I'd go to Costco and get theirs. Price is a little higher, but Costco will stand behind it.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Elite Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Recently, I've bought several tools (20 ton shop press, metal bender, 3 ton floor jack, etc...) from Harbor Freight and have been pleased with them so far. One has to be careful because the quality control is often spotty at best, but their 90 day warranty generally covers any problems I've encountered.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Another thread on Welding Web is a reminder that MIG 180 is a throwaway tool.
    I just sent an e-mail to HF and found out that no parts are available for this machine! I sent a specific parts list and they nothing is available and won't be in the future!
    HF published a similar post on their review page.

Better buy the Extended Warranty with this one!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigE_ View Post
    At that price on the generator, I'd go to Costco and get theirs. Price is a little higher, but Costco will stand behind it.
    +1. And the Champion generators have a good reputation. HF generators seems to be all over the map for quality.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Travelover View Post
    +1. And the Champion generators have a good reputation. HF generators seems to be all over the map for quality.
    I have a Champion dealer/distributor/service location ~25 minutes from the house. Great guys there.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Maybe relevant to somebody:

Owners of air cooled Chinese clone engines that claim interchangeability with authentic Yanmar generator engines have a thread going in the Yanmar forum. Some of those posts might be helpful in choosing what brand of generator to buy - or to avoid. Apparently clone quality varies by brand name, for claimed-identical design. Some of the clone generator engines died or needed overhaul at under 100 hours.

Example:
    "My Chinese generator would skip/sputter at high rpm (at 40 hours) when the cam bearing failed"

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by BigE_ View Post

And there lies the problem that HF is about to face. They are trying to raise prices and reduce the percentage discount offered yet compete with better quality Chinese items available in the mainstream Big Box stores that offer a better warranty.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS

Uh-oh, they are getting ready to open a store in Hickory, NC in the old Circuit City location in the Academy Sports shopping center.
    2006 Kama 554, 92 Belarus 250AS, Bombardier Outlander Max 400.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

I tore one down that had 800 hrs on it and the innards were just as nice as a brand new engine, cost me all of price of gaskets to rebuild it as nothing at all could be improved. (problem was simple valve adjustments, we expected much worst as it had 0 compression) It came from a recycle yard for price of scrap. Runs like new now and ran for a 4 day power outage non stop.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

I tore one down that had 800 hrs on it and the innards were just as nice as a brand new engine, cost me all of price of gaskets to rebuild it as nothing at all could be improved. (problem was simple valve adjustments, we expected much worst as it had 0 compression) It came from a recycle yard for price of scrap. Runs like new now and ran non stop during a 4 day power outage.

Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420 ... LastLast