Page 321 of 421 FirstFirst ... 221271311318319320321322323324331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4206
    Tractor
    Hyster H50

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Went yesterday and got some of those self-adhesive rubber tread strips for 99 cents each, also some drill bits and the clip on tire chuck while they were on sale. Already have a couple of them, but plan on leaving this in the package and hanging it on the pegboard for when I can't find the others. That seems to happen far too often around here.
    Tent sale going on next weekend, sometimes you can do good at them, depending on what you're looking for.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by flyerdan View Post
    also some drill bits
    I've never had any luck with the HF drill bits and their taps are junk.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

well, well the monthly flier came today. It usually helps to start a wood fire, but this time
    I went through it and can strongly recommend two items, both tool carts.
    For those of you who got the same catalog today, the first one is on the front page at the bottom right. US General four drawer tool cart.
    Tool Cart on Wheels with 4 Drawers - 580 lb. Capacity
    Yeah, putting it together with Chinese instructions is always a thrill, but when done, for 110 bucks it makes a super
    second unit, one you won't use too heavily. Mine has worked perfectly for two years. Nice paint job too.

The second cart is another light weight one, but simply very handy to have. I liked the first one so much I bought a second.
    Steel Tool Cart w/ Locking Drawer

for sixty bucks using the twenty off coupon, this is a great value. Not heavy duty for sure but not all of us need pro stuff costing
    thousands.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Drat! Couldn't get the coupon to work 20% Off Coupon or the $6.99 flat rate shipping (hey, ya gotta try )
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

The RED 5 drawer U.S. General tool cart is very heavy and has top quality drawers, rollers and wheels. It is comparable to any heavy duty tool box that you can buy. And for $199 you cant beat the price. Be ready to spend some time tightening bolts. I used my air ratchet to spin up those 50 or so bolts that hold all the frame and drawers together.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_20250.jpg
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    5 Gravelys, 1963 4010 & 1950 B John Deere, Great Dane ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    The RED 5 drawer U.S. General tool cart...............
    I bought a military map drawer unit for $50.00 twenty years ago. It was so deep I had to cut it down 12 inches in depth. It is about 4 feet wide. I have one drawer for screwdrivers, one for pliers, one for specialty tools and two for hand wrenches. I love the shallow drawers. I made the stand out of scrap 3 x 3 square tubing.

-toolbox-mapdrawers-jpg -tooldrawer-1-jpg
    -tooldrawer-2-jpg -tooldrawer-3-jpg

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by npalen View Post
    1/4" - 3/4" High Speed Steel Step Drill
    These step drills work good for drilling about any material that a normal twist drill would be used for. The big advantage is that the bit is only taking a small diameter step if drilling in material about 1/4" (6mm)or less in thickness. It's still advantageous to drill a small pilot hole first at about 1/16" to 1/8" (1.5-3.0 mm) diameter if using a hand drill. Each of the step drill lands acts as a pilot for the next larger step so drilling is smoother and more controlled. I've used them in material much thicker than 1/4" but do require more "push".
    Unfortunately all the step diameters are undersize. Probably the next smaller metric equivalent.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Are you sure?
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Cheap bastid.

Just sayin'.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by graydog111 View Post
    I bought a military map drawer unit for $50.00 twenty years ago. It was so deep I had to cut it down 12 inches in depth. It is about 4 feet wide. I have one drawer for screwdrivers, one for pliers, one for specialty tools and two for hand wrenches. I love the shallow drawers. I made the stand out of scrap 3 x 3 square tubing.

Wow, that's from the old days of "General Tool" American made real quality products. That era saw some great tools, etc and is what put Harbor Freight on the map. I think the current China thing is just a phase.
    That's a great tool chest but it could be a whisker more cluttered. Maybe you just straightened it up for the photos?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Page 321 of 421 FirstFirst ... 221271311318319320321322323324331371 ... LastLast