Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,201  
Went yesterday and got some of those self-adhesive rubber tread strips for 99 cents each, also some drill bits and the clip on tire chuck while they were on sale. Already have a couple of them, but plan on leaving this in the package and hanging it on the pegboard for when I can't find the others. That seems to happen far too often around here.
Tent sale going on next weekend, sometimes you can do good at them, depending on what you're looking for.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,203  
well, well the monthly flier came today. It usually helps to start a wood fire, but this time
I went through it and can strongly recommend two items, both tool carts.
For those of you who got the same catalog today, the first one is on the front page at the bottom right. US General four drawer tool cart.
Tool Cart on Wheels with 4 Drawers - 580 lb. Capacity
Yeah, putting it together with Chinese instructions is always a thrill, but when done, for 110 bucks it makes a super
second unit, one you won't use too heavily. Mine has worked perfectly for two years. Nice paint job too.

The second cart is another light weight one, but simply very handy to have. I liked the first one so much I bought a second.
Steel Tool Cart w/ Locking Drawer

for sixty bucks using the twenty off coupon, this is a great value. Not heavy duty for sure but not all of us need pro stuff costing
thousands.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,204  
Drat! Couldn't get the coupon to work 20% Off Coupon or the $6.99 flat rate shipping (hey, ya gotta try :laughing:)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,205  
The RED 5 drawer U.S. General tool cart is very heavy and has top quality drawers, rollers and wheels. It is comparable to any heavy duty tool box that you can buy. And for $199 you cant beat the price. Be ready to spend some time tightening bolts. I used my air ratchet to spin up those 50 or so bolts that hold all the frame and drawers together.
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_20250.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,206  
The RED 5 drawer U.S. General tool cart...............

I bought a military map drawer unit for $50.00 twenty years ago. It was so deep I had to cut it down 12 inches in depth. It is about 4 feet wide. I have one drawer for screwdrivers, one for pliers, one for specialty tools and two for hand wrenches. I love the shallow drawers. I made the stand out of scrap 3 x 3 square tubing.

Toolbox from MapDrawers.jpg Tooldrawer#1.jpg
Tooldrawer#2.jpg Tooldrawer#3.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,207  
1/4" - 3/4" High Speed Steel Step Drill
These step drills work good for drilling about any material that a normal twist drill would be used for. The big advantage is that the bit is only taking a small diameter step if drilling in material about 1/4" (6mm)or less in thickness. It's still advantageous to drill a small pilot hole first at about 1/16" to 1/8" (1.5-3.0 mm) diameter if using a hand drill. Each of the step drill lands acts as a pilot for the next larger step so drilling is smoother and more controlled. I've used them in material much thicker than 1/4" but do require more "push".
Unfortunately all the step diameters are undersize. Probably the next smaller metric equivalent. :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,209  
Cheap bastid. :laughing:

Just sayin'.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,210  
I bought a military map drawer unit for $50.00 twenty years ago. It was so deep I had to cut it down 12 inches in depth. It is about 4 feet wide. I have one drawer for screwdrivers, one for pliers, one for specialty tools and two for hand wrenches. I love the shallow drawers. I made the stand out of scrap 3 x 3 square tubing.

Wow, that's from the old days of "General Tool" American made real quality products. That era saw some great tools, etc and is what put Harbor Freight on the map. I think the current China thing is just a phase.
That's a great tool chest but it could be a whisker more cluttered. Maybe you just straightened it up for the photos?