Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,231  
Probably a blasting cabinet, for sandblasting. Yes, HF has those as well, although often great deals can be had on these on craigslist. People don't tend to keep sandblasting equipment for some reason.
Another thing that's worth getting from HF is their storehouse assortments, like auto fuses, hose clamps, grease zerks, and O-rings. There's nothings quite so frustrating as being one small piddly items shy of completing a project, and having a good stock on hand pays off.

Agree with everything but the hose clamps, the metal is so soft , they'll strip out before they get tight enough to do any good..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,232  
>The F-style welding clamps are good as are the Vice Grip style locking c-clamps.<

They may be as good as ViCe Grip c-clams - but note - ViCe Grip is not the same as ViSe Grip. Different company, different quality.
Isnt a Vice Grip a form of self control?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,234  
Agree with everything but the hose clamps, the metal is so soft , they'll strip out before they get tight enough to do any good..
X2. Even the ones at Home Depot suck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,235  
No, the HF reels have never leaked and are several years old. The light blue one I made from scratch leaks, but it has a quick connect instead of a swivel. (It's quiet a bit cheaper.) It's no problem though, since I have a ball valve I turn off and on.

Graydog,
Thanks. I might get one and make the hoops out of 1/4". That's all my HF ring roller will handle.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,236  
Quick question on the Harbor Freight plastic laminator. I had planned to buy one and headed over there with $20 coupon in hand (I love a deal) and the wife asked what I planned to laminate. Well, I could only come up with two items. And since I don't need another piece of "stuff" around, I left empty handed.

Question is, could I just pick up a couple of those plastic lamination pouches and use an old iron to seal it up? Bad idea? Towering inferno of plastic?

9" Hot Laminator

Anyone with a hot plastic laminator know if the above would work?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,237  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,238  
Anyone with a hot plastic laminator know if the above would work?

It should work, but the plastic will stick to iron unless you lay something over the top to protect the iron. Parchment paper would do that but plastic may stick to the paper. Parchment paper is used for baking cookies, etc. Walmart has it. Good luck and don't ruin your wife's iron or you will wish you had bought the HF laminator.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,239  
Just a reminder, if you review a HF product, it helps to put the model number in the text of your post so that the thread is more searchable for the next guy.

Back to regular programming.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,240  
You can get laminations done at your local staples or office max. Its not very expensive and they can do large items, like poster board.