Page 328 of 463 FirstFirst ... 228278318325326327328329330331338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4628
  1. #3271
    Super Member daugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,529
    Location
    Washington NC (Inner Banks)
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    http://www.harborfreight.com/workben...ood-69054.html

    today's trip to HF was disappointing. That wood bench is a fake. It doesn't have a thick wooden top, that's just side fascia. The top is less than an inch thick and of some composite. so much for two or more inches of butcherblock. The whole table looked like it needed to be strengthened in several areas, and while it had lots of "features" they weren't impressive. The drawer slides were nasty, not one came out the same distance and most of them bound up in some spot. yes, you really do get what you pay for. If the top were real, I would have bought it and made it stronger. But the core piece of the table is light weight. Not what I'm looking for.

    Even bought a two pound box of welding rods, not cheap at four bucks a pound. But the plastic container looked nicely
    reusable.

  2. #3272
    Super Member daugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,529
    Location
    Washington NC (Inner Banks)
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    daugen---you are correct...different prices in different places and it all changes every 15 minutes. I've seen the one ton crane that you mention for $99 as well as $200 over the past year or so. Same with most everything--I make a mental list and when the pricing bell tolls the right price, I get it. By the way, the two ton crane has a longer reach so is more useful and can be had for around $145 when you get lucky with the "sale" price and have a coupon. Plus get a free tape measure or flashlight to boot.

    What I find interesting is the number of people in the store with no coupon that simply pay retail prices.
    They must have no idea how HF works. Today there was a full rack of fliers right in front when one went in, with "valuable coupons" highlighted.
    So you don't even have to bring the coupon in, they usually have it there for you. Usually...

    Interesting today that the garage cranes are now painted charcoal grey, not our previous mildly obnoxious, and oh so thin, orange paint.
    And now labeled Pittsburgh. Per the staffer, "we own the factories where all this stuff is made". Ok.

    When I first started going to the Trenton NJ HF, the staff was awful, just lowest of the workforce dumb and often under the influence.
    And everyone was in agreement that adding a twenty off coupon to an existing super coupon was just fine. Bought a lot of stuff that way, until the staff improved, and the next trip it was clearly explained what the policy was. But I bet some of you
    get that discount, perhaps store discretion due to market?

  3. #3273
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,488
    Location
    Michigan

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    ......... But I bet some of you get that discount, perhaps store discretion due to market?
    My store won't stack coupons, but will allow coupons on sale items (except the usual excluded stuff).

  4. #3274
    Super Member daugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,529
    Location
    Washington NC (Inner Banks)
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    FREE SHIPPING — Generac GP15000E Portable Generator — 22,500 Surge Watts, 15,000 Rated Watts, Model# 5734 | Portable Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

    I saw this and had to share it. Look down on the product detail to the blow up diagram and on the right
    are the immortal product words:
    3 to 4 hour longer life than competition.

    Ok. three to four hours more is something. Not quite the rock my world kinda number
    I was hoping for...

    So if the good stuff only lasts three to four hours longer than HF, well, HF is a pretty good deal right?...

  5. #3275
    Super Member California's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,042
    Location
    Sonoma County
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    HF's motto:

    'Big Sale - - Won't Last Long!'


  6. #3276
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,405
    Location
    USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    HF's motto:

    'Big Sale - - Won't Last Long!'

    ROFL!!! Love it!!!!

  7. #3277
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,405
    Location
    USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    HF's motto:

    'Big Sale - - Won't Last Long!'

    ROFL!!! Love it!!!!

  8. #3278
    Elite Member Bob77064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,972
    Location
    KY @ TN line
    Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    http://www.harborfreight.com/workben...ood-69054.html

    today's trip to HF was disappointing. That wood bench is a fake. It doesn't have a thick wooden top, that's just side fascia. The top is less than an inch thick and of some composite. so much for two or more inches of butcherblock. The whole table looked like it needed to be strengthened in several areas, and while it had lots of "features" they weren't impressive. The drawer slides were nasty, not one came out the same distance and most of them bound up in some spot. yes, you really do get what you pay for. If the top were real, I would have bought it and made it stronger. But the core piece of the table is light weight. Not what I'm looking for.

    Even bought a two pound box of welding rods, not cheap at four bucks a pound. But the plastic container looked nicely
    reusable.
    Thanks for the post, that wood bench looked too good to be true.

  9. #3279
    Super Member Iplayfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,230
    Location
    Idaho
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    FREE SHIPPING — Generac GP15000E Portable Generator — 22,500 Surge Watts, 15,000 Rated Watts, Model# 5734 | Portable Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

    I saw this and had to share it. Look down on the product detail to the blow up diagram and on the right
    are the immortal product words:
    3 to 4 hour longer life than competition.

    Ok. three to four hours more is something. Not quite the rock my world kinda number
    I was hoping for...

    So if the good stuff only lasts three to four hours longer than HF, well, HF is a pretty good deal right?...
    That is WAY too funny!

    I wonder if the "easy to ready fuel guage" helps the engine last that extra 3 to 4 hours.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

  10. #3280
    Veteran Member PhysAssist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,328
    Location
    Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

    Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

    Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I'm getting some useful work out of mine. Its the 5 years ago blue model - I've read that the present black one is better.

    Here's a post I put on Welding Web recently. This project was perfectly matched to the capability of the 90A flux welder.

    ----------------quote-------------

    This weld was with a 94056 (Blue 90A AC flux welder, 5 years ago model). I looked to see what sort of FC wire gave me this low-splatter result and discovered I had put the original HF wire back in it - K-kng brand or something like that. Apparently low splatter is as much finding the right settings as it is the brand of wire. This is the lowest-splatter weld I've ever made with it.

    Please excuse the amateurish welding technique - I weld infrequently and never practice before a project. In this case I welded 'ears' on a sleeve so I could pin the sleeve to the back of the tractor, to hold a pulley for lifting a spike harrow. Ugly I know, but my welds stay welded. I've never had one break. This is the sort of project I bought the 90A welder to do.
    --------------------------------

    Attachment 307654 Attachment 307656

    Hey California,

    Nice looking adaptation!

    Was that white part repurposed from a weight-training machine?

    It looks just like the torture devices they had at the PT where I rehabbed after my knee replacement.

    I love seeing salvaged materials at work and do my best to keep all the steel and iron [as welll as lumber and electronics] I can from going to the dump.

    I'm working on a couple of projects made from stuff I found or scrounged and will be posting them as soon as they get done [if they ever do].

    Nice work, thanks for showing what can be done when you set your mind to it.

    Thomas
    Last edited by PhysAssist; 03-18-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Page 328 of 463 FirstFirst ... 228278318325326327328329330331338378428 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.