Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,311  
Usually those ext. warr. have huge commissions. They're big money-makers for the seller. (maybe not so much for HF, though. :p)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,312  
I posted earlier for info on this HF 7,000W generator. I had a coupon to buy it at $499.99. I just could not pass that up. I also got the 2 yr. extended warranty so all told it was less than regular sale price. After I got it serviced the generator started on the first pull. I tested all the outlets for voltage and tested with a couple of angle grinders. It has been in the shop on a hand truck as it does not come with a wheel kit. So I fabricated a wheel kit and today I finally got it on its wheels. It is so much easier to move around. I used the large wheels because this generator will be in the garage or in the shop. Moving it for set up will require moving it across the grass yard. The large wheels will make the move easy. Now I need to fabricate a handle for moving and a harness for lifting. It does weigh a bit. Lifting it with the bucket forks for placing on a truck or trailer will be easy. When I start my shed it will get a workout. I will post a review if anyone would like one.

Getting it out of the box. I lifted it with my bucket forks.

IMG_0715_zps21cefcd2.jpg

My wheel setup.

IMG_0726_zps2c3948b0.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,313  
ETpilot---yes, a review would be nice.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,314  
It should roll across the yard smoothly on those wheels.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,315  
Weld some hitch pins to it and call it an attachment!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,316  
I will post a review if anyone would like one.

YES please
can you tell what company made the engine?
Is the gen copper wound?

still at least three hundred bucks cheaper than just about anything else out there.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,317  
I find it strange that generator prices for a given KW size are the same if you buy a PTO or engine driven portable unit. Must be that the gearboxes cost about the same as the engines.

Chances are good that the predator generator has a predator engine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,318  
Well, you are now called Deep Wrench... and you'll have to tell all...this should be helpful.
Let's face it, the TBN group as a whole is certainly no stranger to HF. And now we have a mole... :D

"Deep Wrench"...what a great line.
Yeah, boss...a mole. I love it.

DEEP WRENCH:

1. TBN welcomes you to your new career at Harbor Freight.
2. Within 30 days you will convince management to offer TBN members 30% off on all items, including Super Coupons.
3. Once per month you will fly to China and inspect the HF factories. Remember free samples.
4. Within 30 days you will make a list of Best and Worst of HF based on warranty claims
5. You will post updates on TBN nightly.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Well, yes...and you have to wear a wire.

Shhhh! HF probably reads this forum!

We don't want him to get canned before he shares all the secrets with us!!!

:D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I've had a HF employee or two, see that I was about to make a large purchase, and pull a coupon out of their pocket for me. If I remember correctly, they led me to their register and sold me the extended warranty. I guess they must get a commission for selling those things.

Usually those ext. warr. have huge commissions. They're big money-makers for the seller. (maybe not so much for HF, though. :p)

Yes, employees do get a commission.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,320  
Maybe Deep Wrench will become fabulously wealthy.

Hah! Not out of this bunch of coupon-clipping, discount-waving and free flashlight begging group.