Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,381  
Anyone have one of their pole type shop floodlights with the twin 500 watt halogen lamps? I have an old one of 15 years but it finally broke and I'm debating this one as a replacement. I'd wait for a "sale" and use my 20% coupon. It doesn't get very good reviews but my old one did fine. Anybody got one?

1000 Watt Twin Lamp Halogen Floodlight

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,382  
Did you ever buy the inspection camera? I finally had a use for mine and the lens is all crapped up on the inside. It looks as if the plastic the inside cracked.

Dave

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,383  
No, I looked at that light too, and I finally ended up getting an LED spotlight from Homedepot mainly because I have the 900watt generator from Harbor Freight that I use to work around the farm, and I wanted something that I could plug in to the generator while running a drill, or my saw, and still have plenty of power. It is actually very bright, and the generator dosen't know that it is plugged in.

I have bought a lot from Harbor Freight, and I even bowed down, and joined their inside track club, but I recently returned a pressure washer that failed on the 2nd use, and it has been 16 days, and no refund to my account yet. I called them today and spoke to India twice, and they told me to call back in a few days? Anyways, besides that small issue, I am very happy with how much I save at HF. The light was on sale for $20, and I would have liked to save by purchasing it at HF, however I had not seen their LED version. LED's last a very, very long time. HF has an LED spotlight that is only $12.99, however it is not the pole version. 28 LED Work Light They do have a dual halogen without the stand for $10 cheaper than the one that you were looking at, and if your old stand is still good, you could reuse it: http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-head-pivoting-work-light-with-stand-47410.htmlThis is the spotlight from HD:

c0ad094b-ccb1-46c0-8f8d-304a2ec361fd_300.jpg

Anyone have one of their pole type shop floodlights with the twin 500 watt halogen lamps? I have an old one of 15 years but it finally broke and I'm debating this one as a replacement. I'd wait for a "sale" and use my 20% coupon. It doesn't get very good reviews but my old one did fine. Anybody got one?

1000 Watt Twin Lamp Halogen Floodlight

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,384  
Thanks. I did use it yesterday for the first time and it did a remarkable job. I can seal notes for the barn or recepies for the wife and all is good. I highly recommend their heat sealer but be sure to let it warm up thoroughly. Once you have one you'll wonder how you got along without it.

I have access to one at work. I made a rough floor plan of each floor of the house and put numbers next to each outlet that mach the number of the breaker in the AC panel. I've got it laminated and kept inside the breaker box. No more guessing when I need to turn off an outlet.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,385  
I bought this 870lb capacity trailer to use behind my tractor in the woods, for hauling firewood, and I am extremely impressed! It was probably the most enjoyable project to put together, and I hate assembling things, especially when they often have poor instructions. This however was extremely well built, and every hole lined up like it was hand built as one piece. The trailer is very heavy duty, and is going to work great. It also has real bearings in the rims, and after I repacked the grease like instructed (supplied grease seemed to be waterbased?) it works great! I really want to buy one of the larger trailers to haul hay with now. I also called HF, and ordered the stand for the hitch, for $10. Great deal!
Heavy Duty Utility Trailer - 870 Lb. Capacity
image_18027.jpg

The other three items that I recently bought, and I am extremely happy with is the Pneumatic Spark Plug Cleaner:
image_17665.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/pneumatic-spark-plug-cleaner-32860.html

It works great, and mounts on the wall, and I have used it for all of my small engine plugs, and they look like new. I also bought a 21degree framing nailer, and so far, for the price, it works great! I have been using it for fence line, and it works as well as a $400 name brand unit I borrowed in the past.
image_21281.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/21-angle-framing-nailer-69927.html

The best buy that has saved my face, and eyes, was this simple face mask: For $4.00, I bought a two of them, and I have dropped metal on the mask under my truck, splattered it with transmission fluid, it has blocked metal fillings while sharpening my chain saw, and I used it while working on my air compressor, and it is the best $4.00 eye/face insurance I have ever bought!
image_20303.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/face-shield-with-flip-up-visor-96542.html

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,386  
I bought this 870lb capacity trailer to use behind my tractor in the woods, for hauling firewood, and I am extremely impressed! ... extremely well built, and every hole lined up like it was hand built as one piece. The trailer is very heavy duty, and is going to work great. It also has real bearings in the rims, ... it works great! I really want to buy one of the larger trailers to haul hay with now.
I have two of the tiny 40"x48" HF trailers. First one for use as a Jeep trailer where I wanted small enough to unhitch and turn it around alone, if I ever got too far down a steep Jeep trail and couldn't go any farther. Photo. Here there was just barely enough space to turn around at the end of a skid trail without unhitching. I recommend these as a Jeep trailer.

Second one I found on Craigslist for $30, weathered out in a field for 20 years, no license. I repacked the wheel bearings (found them rusted solid) and put this one in service carrying a watering tank that weighs 2600 lbs filled. The tongue bent and I reinforced it; no further problems. I figure if I destroy this one abusing it like this, I'll put the tank on the newer trailer and that should get me through the couple of years while the new orchard trees need watering. This is a lot more maneuverable than putting that tank on my 4x8 trailer.

In summary these little trailers are ideal for projects where tiny is suitable. But for 4x8 or larger, I think the lightweight trailers from Home Depot or Tractor Supply will be more durable and troublefree. Photos - my 4x8 from Home Depot: 1 2 3 4

267962d1338652506-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-p1670184ribcwateringtrailer.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,387  
I have two of the tiny 40"x48" HF trailers. First one for use as a Jeep trailer where I wanted small enough to unhitch and turn it around alone, if I ever got too far down a steep Jeep trail and couldn't go any farther. Photo. Here there was just barely enough space to turn around at the end of a skid trail without unhitching. I recommend these as a Jeep trailer.

Second one I found on Craigslist for $30, weathered out in a field for 20 years, no license. I repacked the wheel bearings (found them rusted solid) and put this one in service carrying a watering tank that weighs 2600 lbs filled. The tongue bent and I reinforced it; no further problems. I figure if I destroy this one abusing it like this, I'll put the tank on the newer trailer and that should get me through the couple of years while the new orchard trees need watering. This is a lot more maneuverable than putting that tank on my 4x8 trailer.

In summary these little trailers are ideal for projects where tiny is suitable. But for 4x8 or larger, I think the lightweight trailers from Home Depot or Tractor Supply will be more durable and troublefree. Photos - my 4x8 from Home Depot: 1 2 3 4

Thanks for the photos! I remember seeing your watering setup a while back, and I was impressed with it then. I am in the process of acquiring several of the same sized IBC totes to help water the food plots, the horses, and to store dry seed in that we use to grow barley fodder for our animals. It looks like they really do make great jeep trailers!

I didn't install the lights because I just intend on using it on the farm, but I can always ad a SMV placard if I have to drive on the road with the tractor.. They sell a stake bed kit for the side of these for $80, however I think I can just built one for a quarter of the price.

I think that you are right about the larger trailers from TSC and HD. Especially if I am hauling any significant weight over the road. Thanks again for the photos!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,388  
Yeah I have two of those lights and not had any problems. I use them all the time. They are great out in my shop as I can direct the light where I need it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,389  
I have the metal stake/sides kit (3 sides, tailgate missing) that came with this trailer. I'll sell it cheap, but I doubt cross country shipping is worth your trouble. I'll post a photo if anyone cares.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,390  
Thank you so much for the offer!

I actually had broken down and bought the stake sides two days ago, before I saw your post, and I really appreciate the offer! I ended up using a 20% off coupon, so they weren't too bad. Did they seem to be about the same quality as the rest of the trailer? Thanks again, and I hope that you guys are having a great spring

I have the metal stake/sides kit (3 sides, tailgate missing) that came with this trailer. I'll sell it cheap, but I doubt cross country shipping is worth your trouble. I'll post a photo if anyone cares.