Page 340 of 427 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341342343350390 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 4262
    Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Thank you so much for the offer!

I actually had broken down and bought the stake sides two days ago, before I saw your post, and I really appreciate the offer! I ended up using a 20% off coupon, so they weren't too bad. Did they seem to be about the same quality as the rest of the trailer? Thanks again, and I hope that you guys are having a great spring

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I have the metal stake/sides kit (3 sides, tailgate missing) that came with this trailer. I'll sell it cheap, but I doubt cross country shipping is worth your trouble. I'll post a photo if anyone cares.
    Mitch

If you don't need the fenders you can remove them and replace the wheels with 12" ones. It'll help it roll over roots and rocks. Or if you know anyone with a golf cart who has some old wheels/ tires most of them are the same bolt pattern and are much wider to help keep from sinking into the mud (if you have any).
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Veteran Member

One tool that definitely sucks is the 25 foot tape measure that they give away free with a coupon. I used one yesterday for the first time and it pulled out and that it was it - no recoil. I was replacing another one that did the same thing after just a few uses. I took it apart to see if there was a simple fix, but I realized that I had a couple new ones still on a shelf, so I tossed it in the garbage.
    Last edited by Travelover; 05-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

Thats great to know! Thanks for the info! THat may be a good option, since when I packed the hubs with grease, I put in too much, and the seals came out the back. I was able to put them back, but not sure if they will hold. I do plan on using this maining in the woods, to collect firewood that I have cut, so that would work out great.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    If you don't need the fenders you can remove them and replace the wheels with 12" ones. It'll help it roll over roots and rocks. Or if you know anyone with a golf cart who has some old wheels/ tires most of them are the same bolt pattern and are much wider to help keep from sinking into the mud (if you have any).
    Mitch

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by NHmitch View Post
    when I packed the hubs with grease, I put in too much, and the seals came out the back. I was able to put them back, but not sure if they will hold.
    With no brakes, the grease seals aren't very important. Of course its better to keep water out but flinging grease is harmless.

The bolt pattern is 'standard US boat trailer 4-lug' so many alternate wheels should fit. I think Vega or some other early US subcompact also had 13 inch tires on that bolt pattern. But side clearance may be an issue for any oversize tire.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by NHmitch View Post
    ... stake sides ... seem to be about the same quality as the rest of the trailer?
    Let's say the sides look to be sufficient quality to use on an ultralight trailer.

-p1650286rhf40x48trailer-jpg

I wanted higher higher, dust-resistant sides for that other 'jeep trailer' in a prior post so I ripped a sheet of 1/4" plywood to something like 22" / 26". This made sides that rested on the deck, and a front panel that bolted to the front face of the chassis for rigidity. Four aluminum channels bolted outside the chassis held the front/back edges of the side panels. That little trailer is so light that I can lift the back and move it sideways carrying the usual lightweight folding chairs, sleeping bags, etc on a camping trip. (And this is sometimes necessary because these ultra-short-wheelbase trailers are hard to back up, and hard to see looking back from an SUV because they are so narrow).
    Last edited by California; 05-05-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Tractor
    5 Gravelys, 1963 4010 & 1950 B John Deere, Great Dane ZTR

Another use for trailer:

-att1-jpg

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by graydog111 View Post
    Another use for trailer:

-att1-jpg
    Now that is clever.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Veteran Member

Another use for trailer:

-att1-jpg
    That is just teats.

Veteran Member

Another use for trailer:

-att1-jpg
    That is just teats.

Page 340 of 427 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341342343350390 ... LastLast