Page 344 of 421 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345346347354394 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4206
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Still waiting for our special TBN 30% off coupons

but then, if you'll stack coupons in the meantime, that would do...
    Can't do that, but here is one tip I can let you in on:

When you are shopping in the store, don't always pass over the boxes/packages that are torn apart, taped up, or missing. Many times the manager will discount the item, just ask.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

I just assumed that HF ordered the boxes damaged and torn right from the factory. Are you telling me that they come undamaged?
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Here's one that's a keeper (well if it doesn't break).

The long-nose version of the cheapest air impact wrench - #93566. Only $22. I like the long nose, it feels nicely balanced. Its a great improvement over the wrist-wrenching HF electric impact wrench for comfortable operation and instant torque.

This isn't a twin to the similar inexpensive normal length air impact wrench. This has a CFM requirement of 4cfm vs 5 for the standard one. (And somewhere I saw a $14 coupon for the standard one).

Torque seems plenty for lug nuts. If you need something stronger, pro grade, then I would step up to the 'Earthquake' model which is rated far more torque and has excellent reviews.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

Quote Originally Posted by daugen

Here's a question, for the first time ever, at least in my observation, HF has put Poulan chain saws on their flier.
    An American made product....hmmm. What's the deal on that? Refurbs?
    It was a small ad on a big flier, but the name leaped out at me. Brand names? Sounds like what Radio Shack did, which really helped them, but
    HF? Could be the start of something interesting.
    I bought my DeWalt DW788 scroll saw from HF. Refurbished. Killer deal at $300.

I'd steer clear of that Poulan saw, though. Probably a "Wild Thing", one of the worst saws you can buy. Poorly made, and will vibrate your hands off. You'd be lucky to get 20 hours out of it.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Tractor
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by BigE_ View Post
    I bought my DeWalt DW788 scroll saw from HF. Refurbished. Killer deal at $300.

I'd steer clear of that Poulan saw, though. Probably a "Wild Thing", one of the worst saws you can buy. Poorly made, and will vibrate your hands off. You'd be lucky to get 20 hours out of it.
    I agree. Stay away form the Poulan products, especially chain saws.

My preference in the chain saw Dept would be Echo if you want reliabilty and parts you can order/find without a hassel.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by johnpawl View Post
    I agree. Stay away form the Poulan products, especially chain saws.

My preference in the chain saw Dept would be Echo if you want reliabilty and parts you can order/find without a hassel.
    and I sure do agree, since I own a 450 and 600 Echo!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    600 ford

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    and I sure do agree, since I own a 450 and 600 Echo!
    i use husquarvarna istat away from the smaller saws though

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

I have the air powered 3" cut off tool that works fine but it bogs down sometimes. I have been thinking about the electric 3" tool--same 3"--since it gets good reviews. I wonder if it has more power than the air powered one? I can get it for under $20 now.

Here's the electric one. It seems to work well. Does anyone own one of these that can comment?
    120 Volt 3" High Speed Cut-Off Tool

and here's the one I currently have that seems underpowered even at high PSI and plenty of air.
    3" Variable Speed Air Cutter

Thanks in advance.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

DFB
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    I have the air powered 3" cut off tool that works fine but it bogs down sometimes. I have been thinking about the electric 3" tool--same 3"--since it gets good reviews. I wonder if it has more power than the air powered one? I can get it for under $20 now.

Here's the electric one. It seems to work well. Does anyone own one of these that can comment?
    120 Volt 3" High Speed Cut-Off Tool
    That looks like something I could find useful nowadays I have an air cutoff but at the present time I dont have the compresser volume to run it anymore.

I never had much luck with HF electrical tools in the past. Unbelievably one tool has survived them all. An 18v 5 1/2" cordless trim saw with a 1hr charger. The battery that came with it has outlasted my Makita batteries and still holds a charge but of course the drill that came with it stripped out years ago.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

I've eyed that electric cut off tool a few times as well. The air powered one bogs down even on my 60 gallon, 5 HP compressor. I have the electric 14" metal chop saw and it works ok if you aren't too picky about getting a clean cut. Motor bearings aren't that good and it wobbles.

I would imagine the small electric cut off tool would have the same problem, albeit on a much smaller scale.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Page 344 of 421 FirstFirst ... 244294334341342343344345346347354394 ... LastLast