Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,431  
Still waiting for our special TBN 30% off coupons :confused3:

but then, if you'll stack coupons in the meantime, that would do...

Can't do that, but here is one tip I can let you in on:

When you are shopping in the store, don't always pass over the boxes/packages that are torn apart, taped up, or missing. Many times the manager will discount the item, just ask.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,432  
I just assumed that HF ordered the boxes damaged and torn right from the factory. Are you telling me that they come undamaged?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,433  
Here's one that's a keeper (well if it doesn't break). :D

The long-nose version of the cheapest air impact wrench - #93566. Only $22. I like the long nose, it feels nicely balanced. Its a great improvement over the wrist-wrenching HF electric impact wrench for comfortable operation and instant torque.

image_13812.jpg

This isn't a twin to the similar inexpensive normal length air impact wrench. This has a CFM requirement of 4cfm vs 5 for the standard one. (And somewhere I saw a $14 coupon for the standard one).

Torque seems plenty for lug nuts. If you need something stronger, pro grade, then I would step up to the 'Earthquake' model which is rated far more torque and has excellent reviews.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,434  
daugen said:
Here's a question, for the first time ever, at least in my observation, HF has put Poulan chain saws on their flier.
An American made product....hmmm. What's the deal on that? Refurbs?
It was a small ad on a big flier, but the name leaped out at me. Brand names? Sounds like what Radio Shack did, which really helped them, but
HF? Could be the start of something interesting.

I bought my DeWalt DW788 scroll saw from HF. Refurbished. Killer deal at $300.

I'd steer clear of that Poulan saw, though. Probably a "Wild Thing", one of the worst saws you can buy. Poorly made, and will vibrate your hands off. You'd be lucky to get 20 hours out of it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,435  
I bought my DeWalt DW788 scroll saw from HF. Refurbished. Killer deal at $300.

I'd steer clear of that Poulan saw, though. Probably a "Wild Thing", one of the worst saws you can buy. Poorly made, and will vibrate your hands off. You'd be lucky to get 20 hours out of it.

I agree. Stay away form the Poulan products, especially chain saws.

My preference in the chain saw Dept would be Echo if you want reliabilty and parts you can order/find without a hassel.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,436  
I agree. Stay away form the Poulan products, especially chain saws.

My preference in the chain saw Dept would be Echo if you want reliabilty and parts you can order/find without a hassel.

and I sure do agree, since I own a 450 and 600 Echo!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,438  
I have the air powered 3" cut off tool that works fine but it bogs down sometimes. I have been thinking about the electric 3" tool--same 3"--since it gets good reviews. I wonder if it has more power than the air powered one? I can get it for under $20 now.

Here's the electric one. It seems to work well. Does anyone own one of these that can comment?
120 Volt 3" High Speed Cut-Off Tool

and here's the one I currently have that seems underpowered even at high PSI and plenty of air.
3" Variable Speed Air Cutter

Thanks in advance.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,439  
I have the air powered 3" cut off tool that works fine but it bogs down sometimes. I have been thinking about the electric 3" tool--same 3"--since it gets good reviews. I wonder if it has more power than the air powered one? I can get it for under $20 now.

Here's the electric one. It seems to work well. Does anyone own one of these that can comment?
120 Volt 3" High Speed Cut-Off Tool

That looks like something I could find useful nowadays I have an air cutoff but at the present time I dont have the compresser volume to run it anymore.

I never had much luck with HF electrical tools in the past. Unbelievably one tool has survived them all. An 18v 5 1/2" cordless trim saw with a 1hr charger. The battery that came with it has outlasted my Makita batteries and still holds a charge but of course the drill that came with it stripped out years ago. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,440  
I've eyed that electric cut off tool a few times as well. The air powered one bogs down even on my 60 gallon, 5 HP compressor. I have the electric 14" metal chop saw and it works ok if you aren't too picky about getting a clean cut. Motor bearings aren't that good and it wobbles.

I would imagine the small electric cut off tool would have the same problem, albeit on a much smaller scale.