Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,441  
I've eyed that electric cut off tool a few times as well. The air powered one bogs down even on my 60 gallon, 5 HP compressor. I have the electric 14" metal chop saw and it works ok if you aren't too picky about getting a clean cut. Motor bearings aren't that good and it wobbles.

I would imagine the small electric cut off tool would have the same problem, albeit on a much smaller scale.

I'm thinking that the electric cutoff tool might actually be a good idea. Sure wish someone here owned one for a testimonial. Maybe I'll just gamble or maybe see what Lowe's or Home Depot offers. Electric motors at HF still seem too hit or miss on quality.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,442  
I'm thinking that the electric cutoff tool might actually be a good idea. Sure wish someone here owned one for a testimonial. Maybe I'll just gamble or maybe see what Lowe's or Home Depot offers. Electric motors at HF still seem too hit or miss on quality.

It actually has really good reviews on their site. It seems like most of the reviews I have read on their site are pretty accurate. I've noticed that when something gets really bad reviews, it usually goes on clearance. I think I may buy one myself..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,444  
I have the air powered 3" cut off tool that works fine but it bogs down sometimes. I have been thinking about the electric 3" tool--same 3"--since it gets good reviews. I wonder if it has more power than the air powered one? I can get it for under $20 now.

Here's the electric one. It seems to work well. Does anyone own one of these that can comment?
120 Volt 3" High Speed Cut-Off Tool

and here's the one I currently have that seems underpowered even at high PSI and plenty of air.
3" Variable Speed Air Cutter

Thanks in advance.

I have one of those air powered cut off saws, had it for 20 years or more. It's got a plastic body (think it's aluminum underneath). Mine was also underpowered with my 5hp compressor. The only time it really worked well was when I used it at a friends shop who had a 13hp gas 2 stage compressor. Way too much power needed to turn it. I figure it's like an air powered drill, it has to have a real advantage over an electric or battery powered one to make it worth while.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,445  
I love these free multimeters for trouble shooting stuff.

Display

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,446  
Travelover said:
I love these free multimeters for trouble shooting stuff.

Display

I keep one in each vehicle. Great for when you have a problem with trailer lights, etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,447  
I really need one, but I may just have to buy one. The closest store is 1.5-2 hours away, and the coupons are only good for in-store use? Oh well..
I keep one in each vehicle. Great for when you have a problem with trailer lights, etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,448  
I just bought a bench grinder stand, and it works great! It actually went together seamlessly, had the exact number of bolts, and is pretty heavy duty. I am very impressed, and it freed up about a 1 square foot area on my workbench. Universal Bench Grinder Stand

image_22086.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,449  
Here's a coupon for Memorial Day only. Can always use a free tarp.

memday

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,450  
I just bought a bench grinder stand, and it works great! It actually went together seamlessly, had the exact number of bolts, and is pretty heavy duty. I am very impressed
Me too. I got one a couple of months ago. The grinder is on it now. Highly recommended.

I'm considering buying another to mount a heavy vise.

I also bought the cheaper of their two grinder pedestals of the type that has a round column and a cast iron top. I clamp welding projects to it temporarily. It works great as a 'welding table' that I can put away after use.