Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,471  
I broke a 1/2 inch drive flex arm trying to remove a lug nut. Had to weld a socket to a piece of bar stock to get it off. That Earthquake wrench sounds promising.

Good point...don't use the Harbor Freight impact drive socket extensions 4 Piece 1/2" Drive Impact Extension Set with the Earthquake impact wrench. My wrench twisted two of them in half.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,472  
Which earthquake wrench are you refering too. I assume its one of the 1/2" models and not the 3/8". But they had at least 2 of the 1/2" and a 3/4" model. I only have a 20-25 gallon compressor tank (craftsman).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,473  
Which earthquake wrench are you refering too. I assume its one of the 1/2" models and not the 3/8". But they had at least 2 of the 1/2" and a 3/4" model. I only have a 20-25 gallon compressor tank (craftsman).

This is the only 1/2" one I am aware of.

1/2 in. Professional Air Impact Wrench

It often sells in the middle $80 range and maybe you can use a 20% coupon with it. I use mine with a 2 stage compressor but you would do Ok with your tank and shorter bursts. That should be enough air for most or all projects. I can't even imagine the 3/4" model.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,475  
I recently bought 12 of those black quick release bar clamps (with the gray pads) for $2.00 each. I used them all for a glue up, and they all worked. They are difficult to release though. But, for $2.00 each, I am pleased with the purchase.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,476  
The Naperville il store also had another earthquake 1/2" for $10 cheaper.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,478  
Cons:

* 35 lb weight limit on the bottom shelf where the cylinders rest. Is that sufficient?
* HF's pneumatic tires are unpredictable in how long before you need to pump them up again. I think semi-pneumatic might be better.

Pros:

* Price. What's the nearest comparable?
*Convenience. Put it in service today.

My old MWards-Century 230 AC welder - 1960's model, about the same thing as a Tombstone - maybe 80 lbs - was already on a hacked 'bottle' cart when I bought it. (right side of photo). It has always been on a smooth floor so the weight hasn't damaged the cart. This is extremely convenient.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,479  
Anyone have one of these oxy/acy high wheel welding carts? I can get it for $45 on sale. Worth it?

Here it is

Welding Cart - Red

I bought this cart about 3 years ago and it has held up OK. It would not stand up to heavy use. The tires will go flat over a year or so. All in all it has served the purpose.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,480  
yeah thats no good they have lost my business. if the post office didn't want to put it on my porch i would end up driving 12 miles to get it. i don't think so

We're rural enough but have a PO Box for our regular mail, no mailbox delivery in front of our house. Now get this - my latest battle with the PO - FedEx drops my shipment at the PO with my street address, PO sends it out for delivery but I have a PO Box and no mail at my house. So the PO send it back to the main PO as undeliverable, which repeats the process, sometimes more than once. All this while I watch the FedEx tracking # bounce the shipment around. When I inquire at the PO (as this type of activity has happened many times delaying shipment a few days and requiring me to drive to the PO to pick them up), the response at the PO was to ADD a 3rd address with their street address and my PO box #. So basically they want me to have a 3rd address. Yeah, that won't add to the confusion, yeah right! Since this reciprocal agreement, I never know which address to use to get my packages, very frustrating.