Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,531  
I bought a set of these to have in the truck. Used them yesterday while doing maintenance on the tractors, and I have to tell ya, they seem pretty good! Good hefty feel. Sockets fit correctly. Good positive ratcheting. Overall, I am really pleased.

21 Piece SAE/Metric Go-Thru Socket Set

$20 bucks cant be beat..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,532  
Double post

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,533  
I got one, and when I read what it can NOT be used for, it complicated that situation right much, and so far I haven't bought anything from that circular.

The coupon IS for 25% and has all the usual limitations no floor jacks, generators, compressors, etc.... Same as all the 20% coupons they've always had.

Has anyone had any experience with their scaffolding? I need some for a project...

Thomas

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,534  
On the 12" miter saw, I bought one and after struggling for an hour with trying to get it as perfectly adjusted as possible, finally realized that the one-piece aluminum casting back fence was not quite straight. I assumed that if I tried to bend it straight, it would crack/break, so returned the saw for another. Same problem. Other than that, it was great. Nothing fancy, just basic functionality. Found a Hitachi for only about $100 more at Costco.

I think I've probably read all of the over 3500 posts in here over the years, but I don't recall if I've seen any on the "Predator" engines. I can happily report that at least the 173cc vertical shaft OHV is awesome! I just got done repowering an old Scotts lawnmower with one. Their spec sheet says it is 104db, but that has to be way over its actual. One of the quietest lawnmower engines I致e ever heard! It starts (even the very first time) on the first pull. The mounting bolt circle matched the original Briggs and Stratton perfectly. Needed new bolts since all but one of the baseplate holes are unthreaded. I cut new threads in them so that they are all now 3/8 x 24. The shaft was another issue. The original mower had a wheel-drive pulley, for which I had to 杜ill my own keyway (cutoff wheel in a Dremel), and the Predator shaft was slightly shorter than the B/S, so I had to grind down the pulley and the blade adapter just a bit. I will reserve final judgment until I need to obtain replacement parts at some point, but for $109 on sale, if it suffers anything major, I can just jerk it out and replace again!

On scaffolding, I can heartily recommend the package deals from scaffoldmart.com. Very well made and reasonably priced. They used to have free shipping, but I think they have recently changed that policy. Sorry about the free advertising; please forgive me mods - I have NO vested interest in them at all.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,535  
I'm sure it's been mentioned but I have an engine stand, as well as a shop crane from them and they work very well. I also have wheel dolleys that were purchased on sale that work great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,536  
I just got the 45 watt soler panel kit and it works great for charging run down batteries .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,537  
I just got the 45 watt soler panel kit and it works great for charging run down batteries .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

I just passed that kit up for $149, please report back in a month or two. I'm interested in it to keep my RV batteries up while in storage.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,538  
I just passed that kit up for $149, please report back in a month or two. I'm interested in it to keep my RV batteries up while in storage.

Just FYI, you can do a lot better than HF for solar panels and controllers. The HF panels are more expensive and are the old amorphous technology vs the modern crystalline type.

Check out eBay or this place has some real deals Solar Cell, Solar Panel, Renewable Energy, Wind Energy, Charge Controller, Solar Trackers - Solar Cell, Solar Panel, Solar PV, Solar Products, Charge Controllers, Solar Trackers

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,539  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,540  
So today I had to drive an 1.5 hrs to pick up a package at fedex for our farm. The noticed that I would be passing a HF, so I made sure to visit, since I have never actually been to one in an actual store. I have only bought online from them, since the closest store in an direction is about 1.5 hors. I was like a kid in a candy store. It was nice to be able to actually hold the stuff from the website, and see the quality or lack of in person. I printed some coupons, and left with about $66 worth of stuff. Not bad, since I could have spent about $600. I was actually surprised by the Western Safety work gloves.
image_19699.jpg

They fit great, and were equally as good as the gloves I have bought at Homedepot, and Tractor Supply, but half the cost. I bought a lifetime supply of teflon tape for $2, a 80lb retrieval magnet that I actually used today when screw broke in off of the horse stalls, and it worked great.I bought a 2" ball, and a 36 Piece 1/8" Steel Letter/Number Stamping Set. I need to mark some of my equipment. Some stuff looked great, and was better than I thought and a few things were worse than I had imagined. I did buy a metal funnel, that looks great. I was very impressed with the generators, and the bins, and tool cases looked great too. They had a wood work bench that felt like oak, and was well built. If I didn't have one, I would save and buy this one. I got to look at the quick hitch, and I am mixed. The build quality didn't seem to be there, but people on here make them work very well, so it might be a good buy someday. Anyways, nice to see the store in person, even though the manager told me that the stores only stock 40% of what is carried online.