Page 355 of 431 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4310
    Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

So today I had to drive 1.5 hrs to pick up a package at fedex for our farm. I noticed that I would be passing a HF, so I made sure to visit, since I have never been to one in an actual store. I have only bought online from them, since the closest store in an direction is about 1.5 hours. I was like a kid in a candy store. It was nice to be able to actually hold the stuff from the website, and see the quality or lack of in person. I printed some coupons, and left with about $66 worth of stuff. Not bad, since I could have spent about $600. I was actually surprised by the Western Safety work gloves.

They fit great, and were equally as good as the gloves I have bought at Homedepot, and Tractor Supply, but half the cost. I bought a lifetime supply of teflon tape for $2, an 80lb retrieval magnet that I actually used today when a screw broke in off in one of the horse stalls, and it worked great.I bought a 2" ball, and a 36 Piece 1/8" Steel Letter/Number Stamping Set. I need to mark some of my equipment. Some stuff looked great, and was better than I thought and a few things were worse than I had imagined. I did buy a metal funnel, that looks great. I was very impressed with the generators, and the bins, and tool cases looked great too. They had a wood work bench that felt like oak, and was well built. If I didn't have one, I would save and buy this one. I got to look at the quick-hitch, and I am mixed. The build quality didn't seem to be there, but people on here make them work very well, so it might be a good buy someday. Anyways, nice to see the store in person, even though the manager told me that the stores only stock 40% of what is carried online.
    Last edited by NHmitch; 06-16-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    Mitch

Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Now for a review. I recently bought the 1" gas 79cc water pump, and after finally getting it this week, and working out what I needed to use for hose, I started it up, and it started on the first pull. I primed the pump first, and before I ever started it, I cross referenced the spark plug, and replaced it with a champion one. ( I had read a few bad reviews about the Torch one that was supplied.) I had also done this with my 63cc generator that I bought from HF, and it purrs.

I bought 200' of fire hose on eBay for a great price for the drain hose, and about 30 feet of solid rubber intake hose from a tractor company that unfortunately is liquidating everything. 1" hose is not really easy to find, and it is amazing how much more expensive it is compared to 5?8 garden hose. Almost 5 times the price in some cases.

I was worried about the 1" with the 79cc not being powerful enough for what I need it for. (I have to drain a 30 foot well, to repair the walls, and I need to have it on hand in case a brush fire gets out of control in a pasture.) I really debated the 2" pump, but I didn't want to have to spend the extra money, and I had read decent reviews.

So when I tested the pump for the first time, I was highly impressed. It pumps a ton of water, and has really surprisingly strong pressure. I tried a fire nozzle that I had bought for the hose (a cheap $9 eBay special) and it pushed the water about 70 feet. I used my daughters small pool, and I ran the pump on low and then medium idle for three hours for the break in just recycling the water, and I am going to change the oil tomorrow. The pump emptied the pool in a few minutes. It worked non-stop, did not overheat, or even become hot, and it never lost an ounce of pressure. I am so surprisingly impressed with the pump, that I am now very happy with my decision. I would highly recommend the pump to anyone, keeping in mind that you have to supply all of the hoses, the oil, and the hose fittings. Oddly it came with a hose suction filter, and several hose clamps, and a cheaper, but long spark plug wrench.

Now that I have this pump, and the smaller generator, I really want to re-power a tiller someday with a predator engine. They actually did a good job "copying" a honda, and with the correct break in procedure, hopefully they will last as long too!

Mitch

I got some 2" hose from one of the local fire departments. They are always replacing it and giving away the old stuff. Even though it's a small pump it pushes so much water that the 2" discharge hose is fine. I also got a couple of the lever style hose connectors. These style connectors.
    -pvc_lay_flat_discharge_hose-jpg
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

I got some 2" hose from one of the local fire departments. They are always replacing it and giving away the old stuff. Even though it's a small pump it pushes so much water that the 2" discharge hose is fine. I also got a couple of the lever style hose connectors. These style connectors.

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

We have a DR Brush and Field Mower, and the B&S Motor that came on it died (likely 2nd to ethanol "tainted" gasoline) and replaced it with Predator "12 Hp" engine and it has been awesome. It seems overpowered compared with the B&S and is slightly heavier. It has always started on the first or second pull, despite having gas overwintered in it (with Stabil) and just torques the belt around regardless of trees.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

So can anybody tell me about the carburetor is on this thing...is there a brand name or just generic chinese origin. Are their any rebuild kits available? What's the air filter a paper pleat?

Pretty much with any small engine the carb is probably the one thing you would ever need service before it wore out that or pump seals

I might consider getting one to use on my job

Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

I couldn't be happier with mine. The Carburetor is made by Yinba, and Chinese company, but you can buy them for about $15-$20. Aliexpress.com : Buy carburettor for honda generators, carburetor,1.5kw, P18, 18mm, gasoline generator,1.3GF, engine parts,engine start,gas generator from Reliable carburetor suppliers on Deal with Elvis They do have a part number in the manual as well. There is another site that sells them too, and they are on eBay: Custom Motored Bicycles - MORE 4 STROKE PARTS 79cc HARBOR FREIGHT

The air filter is foam, and can be easily washed. You han find replacements and there is also a part number for the replacement filter from HF. This site has the air filter plus carbs as well: affordablegokarts: 79cc Parts

I just received the Banjo lever connectors for mine as well, and they work great. The pump also has one way valves that keep the water in once primed. I think that as long as you break this engine in, replace the plug, and use a good oil, it should equally as long as any honda pump on the market. I use Startron Fuel stabilizer in my gas, and it has solved all of my ethanol issues. I have started up a few of my engines after a year with fuel in them, and they run like they have fresh gas in them.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So can anybody tell me about the carburetor is on this thing...is there a brand name or just generic chinese origin. Are their any rebuild kits available? What's the air filter a paper pleat?

Pretty much with any small engine the carb is probably the one thing you would ever need service before it wore out that or pump seals

I might consider getting one to use on my job

Mitch

Tractor
    Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F

It really is a great pump, and you are very lucky to get the hose for such a great deal! How much intake hose do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Mitch

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

Quote Originally Posted by NHmitch View Post
    I couldn't be happier with mine. The Carburetor is made by Yinba, and Chinese company, but you can buy them for about $15-$20. Aliexpress.com : Buy carburettor for honda generators, carburetor,1.5kw, P18, 18mm, gasoline generator,1.3GF, engine parts,engine start,gas generator from Reliable carburetor suppliers on Deal with Elvis They do have a part number in the manual as well. There is another site that sells them too, and they are on eBay: Custom Motored Bicycles - MORE 4 STROKE PARTS 79cc HARBOR FREIGHT

The air filter is foam, and can be easily washed. You han find replacements and there is also a part number for the replacement filter from HF. This site has the air filter plus carbs as well: affordablegokarts: 79cc Parts

I just received the Banjo lever connectors for mine as well, and they work great. The pump also has one way valves that keep the water in once primed. I think that as long as you break this engine in, replace the plug, and use a good oil, it should equally as long as any honda pump on the market. I use Startron Fuel stabilizer in my gas, and it has solved all of my ethanol issues. I have started up a few of my engines after a year with fuel in them, and they run like they have fresh gas in them.
    Thanks for that info and links NHmitch. I also use Startron in all my equipment too...really makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NHmitch View Post
    It really is a great pump, and you are very lucky to get the hose for such a great deal! How much intake hose do you use?
    I use about 20 feet of hose from a swimming pool vac. I usually try to get the pump close to the level of the water.

Page 355 of 431 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365405 ... LastLast