Page 356 of 422 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366406 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4219

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

I have a Poulan I bought in the late 90's that has been abused like you wouldn't believe and it is still running strong. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have cut trees too big for it, cut roots, bushes, and anything else with nothing but normal maintenance on the thing.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by akadave View Post
    I have a Poulan I bought in the late 90's that has been abused like you wouldn't believe and it is still running strong. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have cut trees too big for it, cut roots, bushes, and anything else with nothing but normal maintenance on the thing.
    I have a Poulan I received as a gift in the early to mid 90's and it is still running good...and I've used it about like you described your use.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L285

Pittsburgh Tubeless Tire Repair Kit #45183; $5.99, tire plug kit. Plugged handle broke first use, on wife's Chevy impala tire. I pre reamed and used the cement for lube, handle just snapped. The plugger tool also is very very soft, and bent badly. Got to try to get back by and return it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L285

As for good, the 6 point deep well impacts sockets work great with 1/2" drive and 4 ft cheater bar, for way less then craftsman non-impact rated ones.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I bought the blue welding cart they have on sale for $39.00....I took my time and put it together in an hour...It is sturdy and solid...I am impressed has plenty of room on three shelves for the welder, helmet and tools..the gas bottles on the back...I think it's a deal...especially if you have a coupon...even get it cheaper. Here is the cart I got....>

http://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-90305.html
    Last edited by brin; 06-21-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Bob

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    YM1500D

I bought a similar one a couple of months ago. This one is black. HF offers two or three models. I don't know what the differences are. I noticed the reviews on one of the models complained about the quality of the casters. At that time one of the "accessories you need" on their web page was replacement casters. So I bought a different model, possibly with the same defect.

The only problem I noticed with mine is that I had to invert the top shelf. My cover on my wire welder would have hit the lip otherwise.

Tractor
    B2320, X300

Quote Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    The 4 drawer Tool Cart shown above is now on sale.. $109!
    Yer killing me, I just bought one for more than that. It is really a decent and heavy duty cart for the money. Can't believe it included drawer liners.

One complaint: They give you EXACTLY just enough bolts to assemble. Naturally, the last one stripped (easily) and now I have to find a replacement or just cobble in something from the hardware store. You'd think they could count out a couple extras for the clumsy and talentless... (shoe fits)
    B2320, FEL, box scraper, KK rear rotary mower, JD X300 mower

reb...I read the reviews on this blue one before I bought it and one review said he had to buy all new nuts and bolts so I was ready for that...but I actually had at least a dozen more than I needed and it went together great..It is really solid and I did not see any problem with the wheels, casters or axle...all appear to be heavy duty...maybe they have fixed it...It sure does have a strong chemical smell to it though...I hope that goes away...never know .,coming from China...
    Bob

Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    YM1500D

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    reb...I read the reviews on this blue one before I bought it and one review said he had to buy all new nuts and bolts so I was ready for that...but I actually had at least a dozen more than I needed and it went together great..It is really solid and I did not see any problem with the wheels, casters or axle...all appear to be heavy duty...maybe they have fixed it...It sure does have a strong chemical smell to it though...I hope that goes away...never know .,coming from China...
    I noticed in your link that the suggested accessories no longer include casters. They probably changed them. I put mine together with the supplied hardware--seemed to work.

I figure that for the price it is still a good deal if I have to replace casters or bolts. As for the smell--I don't know. My sense of smell is not as sensitive as it once was. Besides, I keep it near the door of my workshop, which lets in lots of air.

Quote Originally Posted by paulharvey View Post
    Pittsburgh Tubeless Tire Repair Kit #45183; $5.99, tire plug kit. Plugged handle broke first use, on wife's Chevy impala tire. I pre reamed and used the cement for lube, handle just snapped. The plugger tool also is very very soft, and bent badly. Got to try to get back by and return it.
    I read that you really should use this type of plug with tires with steel belts or cords in them.

CU-306-8-BLACK JACK TIRE REPAIR-PATCH PLUG COMBO 1/4 STEM

The simple plug type can allow the rubber to separate around the steel cords that results in a tire failure. The patch/ plug type are a lot safer. The downside is that you need to dismount the tire.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Page 356 of 422 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366406 ... LastLast