Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,591  
sixdogs, you are the MAN

:drink:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,593  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,594  
How did you bend the wrench sideways? We weren't using it as a pry bar were we? :rolleyes:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,595  
How did you bend the wrench sideways? We weren't using it as a pry bar were we? :rolleyes:

Was gonna ask the same thing.. Its bent in the wrong direction.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,596  
That looks like one of those offset adjustable wrenches to me.:D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,597  
He must be green cuz his real name is the Hulk. ;)

Yo, Adrian...bring me the Manhattan phone book.

Aww come on now...at least it didn't break! :D

Well, I have been working out...

sixdogs, you are the MAN

Yes, but I think crappy steel entered into the picture...

Nope. it was slipping as I used it and I was tugging sideways but just with my two hands. Actually, mostly one hand.

Was gonna ask the same thing.. Its bent in the wrong direction.

China is the other side of the earth so that's the direction they bend over there.

That looks like one of those offset adjustable wrenches to me.:D

Nice try but just brute strength. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,598  
Somewhere around I have a matching Pittsburgh adjustable. Can't remember how I bent it but it's now one of those tools you instantly recognize from across the shop.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,599  
sixdogs, you are the MAN

Daugen--sorry I missed your reply earlier. I'm well over 60 so we just might have to blame the variable quality of Chinese steel.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,600  
I have no problem believing that at all.

I broke the 1/2 inch ratchet from their cheap socket set and then broke the replacement they gave me - within the first dozen times each ratchet was used. First time I was holding the ratchet head in one hand and applying torque with the other on a bolt that called for 50 ft-lbs. Second time I was on my knees pushing the ratchet handle where extreme force would have simply slid me across the floor so maybe 50 ft lbs again. After that I substituted a non-HF cheap ratchet into that $7.99 set and no problems since.
image_20983.jpg

But stepping up a bit in quality, I haven't had any problem with the $15 Variable Length (12"~17") 1/2 inch ratchet. When I bought it the web page claimed high capacity - 250 ft lbs??. Its indestructible as far as I can tell. I see 35 out of 37 owners gave this the highest praise, 5 stars, on the review page.

As we already know Hf sells a whole range of stuff from quite good enough, down to awful. Shopping there is great so long as you have a sense of humor. :D
image_9865.jpg