Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,681  
So, trying to get the Earthquake 1/2" impact @ $79 and use the 20% off coupon too.. No go. Online or in store. :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,682  
I'm like most, I have an assortment of high quality tools and also HF tools. Snap-On.. older Craftstman.. DeWalt, Hitachi, you name it.. I'll admit it though, even though I've been burned on some HF tools.. I love the place.. :-D

My list of don't suck:

Flooring nailer.. I got it on sale for 129.. I bought it to put down 650 sq/ft of 3/4 oak flooring.. 2.25 inch wide oak flooring.. you can do the math if you want, but that's NARROW, thick oak flooring.. and 650 square foot of it.. I wish I had kept up with how many of those big staples I used... thousands... I was doing this all myself.. in the evenings and weekends after work.. NO way I could afford to rent a good floor nailer for that long.. I could have bought a good one many times over for the price to rent one.. but I also couldn't afford to buy a nice one.. so I bought the HF nailer.. first one worked ok.. but kept jamming.. I got 3 rows of flooring down and I was ready to throw it out the window.. took it back and got a free replacement.. that one finished the entire project and is still going strong..

The newer Pittsburg Pro deep well sockets.. excellent... they have a better finish than any sockets I've had in the past and have survived being beat on, used in my press when I couldn't find anything else to use and even sitting in the rain overnight without rusting..

1 inch drive impact socket set.. I don't even want to think about what a name brand set would have cost.. I've beat the crap out of these sockets and they still work/look perfect..

12 ton press.. works great.. it presses.. saved my can several times already with jobs that I'd be stuck without a press..

Motorcycle/ATV floor jack.. I modified it slightly by placing the lift arms on the outside instead of the inside.. not sure how to explain it, but to lift a Harley Davidson Dyna I had to move the arms farther out.. I used grade 8 bolts.. worked perfect and still works great..

1/2 inch impact wrench.. the one for around 70 bucks.. 450ft/lb I think.. always works.. no complaints..

3/8 drive composite handle ratchet.. black/grey.. works good..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,683  
I had a surpose the other day.I bought sone small yellow web strappings maybe 4 years ago. they were about 1.99 each and had a hook on each end they are great. So good that I bought extras to have in the drawer.Well yesterday I grabbed a couple and opened then and thought they were missing the one lead with hook on it. Turns out the stock number is one didgit from the ones with two hooks ,,these were ok to loop around something and bring tight but not to stretch out the full legnth. I just searched HF and dont even see them listed anymore. But they are great...multiple uses for them..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,684  
The 60" 4-drawer hardwoord workbench

Workbench with 4 Drawers, 60" Hardwood

is very nice. Takes a couple hours to assemble but to me is wonderful quality, something like from a fancy tool catalog. In a way would almost look like a piece of furniture inside a house.

Very sturdy, although I put end supports under the lower shelf (the only major piece which is pressed wood, although thick and solid).

I urethaned the whole thing before assembly as was going to used in a shelter outside.

Mike

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,685  
In the past few weeks I saw coupons for 25% off rather than the new normal of 20% off.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,686  
In the past few weeks I saw coupons for 25% off rather than the new normal of 20% off.
I noticed that , too. I hope they continue to take the 25% off the sale prices, as it is usually cheaper than their stand alone coupon discounts.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,687  
The 25% coupons bring some prices BELOW the Inside Track Club price for that item. And with a %-off coupon your range of items is broader.

I bought a year of ITC a while back and saved money overall. More recently I don't see how its a bargain, you'll never make back the upfront cost.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,688  
I noticed my local newspaper's Sunday magazine insert has 25% off HF coupon and bargains page, but my co-op electric and Reader's Digest my wife takes all still have the 20% off coupons and pages. It doesn't matter because I seem to always forget to take a coupon with me when I'm going to HF. I normally think of something I need at HF when I go to Sam's Club right around the corner. I need to clip and keep a bunch of coupons in my car. Even if you make small purchases, a dollar here and there will soon add up. It only costs $2.49 for a big slice of pizza and a big soft drink at Sam's, so it doesn't take long for the HF coupons to pay for your lunch.:)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,689  
Im going to recomend this cut off wheel model

120 Volt 3 in. High Speed Cut-Off Tool

And the current price of 19.99 is a good one I paid closer to 39 I think.But it works as it should Two things to keep in mind,and advantage is its electric.(I used to have to wait for my air one to regain volume) Next it has a an overload cut out.(learned the hard way)I thought it was dead almost the first time using it. But set the rest and away it went.
You need to be sure to go slow and easy with it ,its actually doing allot of work..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,690  
Im going to recomend this cut off wheel model

120 Volt 3 in. High Speed Cut-Off Tool

And the current price of 19.99 is a good one I paid closer to 39 I think.But it works as it should Two things to keep in mind,and advantage is its electric.(I used to have to wait for my air one to regain volume) Next it has a an overload cut out.(learned the hard way)I thought it was dead almost the first time using it. But set the rest and away it went.
You need to be sure to go slow and easy with it ,its actually doing allot of work..