Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,701  
Good question For one I use it with some plumbing. It cuts PVC and copper easily,The other day I received a load of used lumber with nails sticking out.I usually use a hammer and pry bar etc to pull the nails. But in this case I used the saw to cut the nails off.I also had a small part once tat I need to 'grind' a little bit off of anf it worked fine for that.Another use was to cut the race off of a wheel bearing hub.I needed some small pieces of metal cut so I used that also.The key here is its electric therefore I dont have to wait for the compressor to build up the volume to run it constantly also more portable.Oh I cut some rope with it also.plexi glass. I find I use it more now instead of the air cutter.But yes why this other than a grinder, maybe cause its able to get into smaller places..Its just a handy tool overall and for the cost it pays itself off quickly.
So, what would you use this for that you wouldn't use an angle grinder?

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,702  
Dont forget to post in the 'suck' page.lol

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/114375-hf-tools-suck.html

Well...I can tell you that the HF ratchets DO suck. I bought an extra set of wrenches / ratchets to have around the garage. About an hour ago, while tightening the last bolt on the frame mounted master cylinder on my Studebaker, I had the locking ball that holds the sockets on the ratchet fail. I now have an inch and a half long gash in my forehead from the ratchet.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,703  
Backpack Sprayer - 4 Gallon Backpack Sprayer

I've had this sprayer for 2 years. I spray generic roundup through it 2 or 3 times a year. I also spray permethrin 2 or 3 times per year. I've probably sprayed about 20 tanks so far. The only thing I've had to do to it is take the handle apart and clean it really well one time.

Don't expose cats to permethrin FYI.

I don't think you can beat this sprayer on sale at $20.

Kevin

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,705  
Your welcome..I wish they could somehow make a seperate category for it as it has sure taken off.Id change the name I dont think it could be more of good or bad.I have seen many reviews on sites and wondered about the people posting them. Like mad ex employees etc. So take them with a grain of salt. But I find much more credibility on TBN..Im also suspicious of companys who choose to not publish the bad reviews. It shouldnt take a truth in selling law to force them to but it just might be in the works for the future.While im ranting lol I wish HF would make more realist video instead of the ones they doThey dont offer me much more than seeing what it looks like. On a GOOD note I love when they supply a PDF of the manuals I gather much more info from those than they could ever do in a sales video.
Thanks for the link. I didn't know there was a "sucks" thread. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,706  
Thanks for the link. I didn't know there was a "sucks" thread. :laughing:

There is...but this thread seems to have become the default for both sucks and doesn't suck comments.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,707  
and this is why I think HF should send everyday 25% off coupons to all TBN members, this is the best user group feedback any company could ever hope for.
Boy we ought to organize this somehow, for future reference, though one can always use the search function.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,708  
I've been an Inside Track member for two years now and I've yet to see a 25% coupon and they're sending them to AARP members?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,709  
I've been an Inside Track member for two years now and I've yet to see a 25% coupon and they're sending them to AARP members?

Pixguy;

You can google " Harbor Freight coupons" and print them. I printed several and when I used the first one they handed it back to me.

Rick

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,710  
Yea that sort of hurts.I see they give a good package of free prograing on my satelite service to new customers yet after 14 years They have forgotten about me..