Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,741  
I use the little $4.99 float charger. But I found it would boil water out if left attached for weeks.

Now I'm trying the license-plate sized solar charger, on the backhoe tractor that only gets occasional use.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,742  
Also picked up a bunch of their little battery float chargers (42292) since I found a coupon for them for $4.99. I can't see a bit of difference between these and the "Battery Tender" that sells for $40........... - Jay

I cannot agree. I am using a Battery Tender Plus on my 3 wheel handicap cart and my batteries are now 6 years old. I had previously used HF's float charger, and I had to buy new batteries every year.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,743  
I agree with the harbor freight chargers. I used to have a bunch of them, I have now converted them all to battery minders or is it battery tenders. I found that the hf chargers drastically reduced the batteries life. I am now running the battery minders with the desulfate circuits and am going on 5 to 6 years since I replaced a battery. Before with the hf ones I was replacing my smaller batteries every year too.
Dave

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,744  
well, this makes more sense then...I guess you get what your five bucks pays for.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,745  
well, this makes more sense then...I guess you get what your five bucks pays for.

Yeah plus toasting your $80 each batteries! Gotta love the save a buck mind set... Buy good quality, do it once and be done.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,746  
The 12" adjustable wrench is a great buy and therefore does not suck. The size is just right to fit the toplink nut on a tractor yet fits in the toolbox perfectly. The cost is only about $6 if you buy on sale and use a coupon.

Here's the wrench 12" Steel Adjustable Wrench

and here it is a foursome for only $10.99. Can't beat it. 4 Piece Adjustable Wrench Set

It's cheap enough to rattle around in the dirt of a toolbox, fits a nut that's hard to fit and the price is right. What's not to love? :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,747  
Ive got an email coupon for mechanics gloves $3.99 (item 61135/93640/60447/93641/60448). Any have them? Need ones with a good grip, but dont want to drop $20 for a pair at parts store or lowes. They have blue black, black grips.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,748  
I have several pairs.. They are good. They are all cloth, not rubber tipped like some of the Mechanix gloves are, so are good general purpose glove.

Menards has a sale on for cloth back, leather palm/fingers for 2@ $4.99 that are also good and work better for log work.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,749  
Ive got an email coupon for mechanics gloves $3.99 (item 61135/93640/60447/93641/60448). Any have them? Need ones with a good grip, but dont want to drop $20 for a pair at parts store or lowes. They have blue black, black grips.
The "Western Safety" blue gloves are excellent. You can use them, abuse them, throw them in the washer (not dryer) and they are good as new. I used to go through a pair of $$$ leather gloves every few weeks when handling lots of dead tree branches. Bought a whole bag full on sale for $3.99 and still rotating first two pairs 8 months later.

Plus they match tractor!

Rick

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,750  
The "Western Safety" blue gloves ...
What's the item # for your Western Safety gloves ??? HF search on 'gloves' returned 73 matches. I'd like to try them.

I like the #35166 cowhide 'roping gloves' for working outdoors.
image_17485.jpg

I buy a bunch when there is a coupon special, and a pair lasts about 6 months handling orchard debris, rough lumber, etc. They are soft and become like a second skin yet so durable I can tug on blackberry bush canes without getting punctured.