Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,991  
I would buy it assuming they will take a 25% coupon. What do you have to lose? After looking at the reviews in the product description I would also buy the $20 two year warranty.

My similar unit from Home Depot works fine after 10 years. I don't need the power to strip paint off the side of the house or mud off an excavator, rather, 1650 psi is fine for simply cleaning things.

One tip - buy a garden hose quick-disconnect and leave half of it on the pressure washer. This makes setup a lot simpler.

great advice on the warranty. That closes the deal for me.
and check this out...well, the price that is.
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Hydro...ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1390875936&sr=1-8

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,992  
Wow! Double the price, plus shipping, plus no warranty. What a deal - not!

I wrote an Amazon review on a similar 'bargain' where a third-party who lists on Amazon was offering a 'reconditioned' Ryobi tool at double Home Depot's price new. I also did one re a HF water pump at double the price. In both cases I simply noted 'Google search on this product's name for a better price on the same item at the trademark owner's store'. I was surprised to see negative replies to my reviews.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,993  
High pressure units are great, when needed. For cleaning a motor home or general lite cleaning the lower pressure units work just fine without causing unintended damage. I had a 1200psi Karcher unit for years worked great for lite cleaning but would not remove paint. I prefer the lower pressure units for general cleaning and the high pressure units for paint removal and heavy duty/industrial cleaning.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,994  
When my 1650 power washer would not easily take off the hardened grass on the bottom of my garden tractor mower deck, I decided to treat myself to a really good power washer. I bought the northern tools 4000 psi model with the Honda GX 390 engine and the Cat pump. I am hoping it will last my lifetime. But it is way too powerful at full pressure for many applications. It sure does clean under that mower deck though. It will also strip paint very easily. And literally push me backwards at full pressure. I have spent many years at the nozzle end of a fire hose and that backwards pressure was very familiar. You need to make sure your feet are firmly planted before you crank open a high pressure unit.

I put a aftermarket in line pressure gauge on the output side so that I could dial the pump pressure back to 3000 psi for most of what I do. Perhaps if I had ordered one of those optional revolving heads for the pressure wand I might have been able to make a 1650 work. If one could get an inexpensive revolving head attachment for a low pressure power washer and use it only when needed, that might be just the ticket.

This harbor freight power washer with a two-year warranty and a revolving head for close to $100 really seems to be an excellent value.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,995  

Amazingly, the Product Description says: "Visit Harbor Freight Tools For More Information." Yea, more information and a lower price! Right now the HF website shows sale price of $89.99 and automaticly adds a $10.00 off coupon code when you add it to the cart. First time I have seen that. So, regardless of what some stores are doing (or refusing to do), the website combines sale prices and coupons.
jp

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,996  
Amazingly, the Product Description says: "Visit Harbor Freight Tools For More Information." Yea, more information and a lower price! Right now the HF website shows sale price of $89.99 and automaticly adds a $10.00 off coupon code when you add it to the cart. First time I have seen that. So, regardless of what some stores are doing (or refusing to do), the website combines sale prices and coupons. jp

My inside track price is $79.99 so they are just passing that along. I used a neighbors 1600 today to do my PVC fences and although it took longer than my gasser, it did quite well. I am afraid of pitting vinyl fences which will make it tougher to clean down the road. I also use Jomax with bleach prior and that works well.

I will be ordering online or taking the hour trip shortly to pick one up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,998  
I'm looking at getting a small pressure washer for my Motorhome and small jobs where pulling out my larger washer isn't necessary. Anybody have any use with item#69488?

The online ad said it was a 1500 psi but once you click on it, it states that it's a 1650 psi. $79.99

1650 PSI Pressure Washer with Auto-Stop

Hi,
I actually had this item, and it worked fairly well for about two uses, but if you accidentally plug it in with the switch on without water flowing, even for a few seconds, it blows the seals, and the pressure washer will no longer work. I did this, and a second after realizing it was on, I immediately unplugged it, and it never worked again. It was my fault, however I am not sue that it should have failed after a second or two. If I had a kink in my water hose, this would have also caused the failure. If you make sure it always has 100% water flow, then it may be just fine. The hose connector was also very difficult to connect, so make sure that yours turns freely if you get one. Hope this helps a bit!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,999  
Hi,
I actually had this item, and it worked fairly well for about two uses, but if you accidentally plug it in with the switch on without water flowing, even for a few seconds, it blows the seals, and the pressure washer will no longer work. I did this, and a second after realizing it was on, I immediately unplugged it, and it never worked again. It was my fault, however I am not sue that it should have failed after a second or two. If I had a kink in my water hose, this would have also caused the failure. If you make sure it always has 100% water flow, then it may be just fine. The hose connector was also very difficult to connect, so make sure that yours turns freely if you get one. Hope this helps a bit!

I was in HF and took a good look at this unit yesterday. Funny, the identical unit was out of the box and sitting next to the new ones, and it said 1500 psi on it. But the writing on the box said 1650. NHMitch, if that was the first time it was ever started up, yeah I can see that happening. Need to flow water constantly through the pump before starting. I'm really surprised it happened after several uses, as some water remains in the pump. Expensive lesson.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,000  
Followup to a question I asked a couple of weeks ago:

HF's larger capacity air connector set 4 Piece 1/4" x 3/8" Automotive Series Coupler and Plug Kit #68187 is worth the extra cost.

Note that 1/4" x 3/8" in this product name means ordinary quarter-inch threads, (as used on quarter inch and 3/8" hose) with larger ID that passes double the air capacity compared to ordinary fittings. Their web description gives the wrong impression of thread size.

With this low-restriction air supply my impact gun works great. I'm getting great use of it with my existing 3/8 x 25 ft hose and these fittings even though the tool's manual calls for half inch hose. Recommended.