Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,101  
Gary,
Those D screws are disgusting and I can't weld a tiny flat spot inside a round hole with my tombstone.

:DAnd you call yourself a welder?????:confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,102  
I have bought the HF chains when they used to have them on sale for $19.99. I think they are fine chains and have never had an issue with them. If you really think you might break one you should probably be using a thicker chain anyway. The best deal I have gotten on chain has been at Lowes though. They had grade 43 3/8" for 98 cents/ft on clearance ( reg, $3.99 ft). I bought everything they had, which was a bucket w/ 40 ft in it. I can't bring myself to cut it into shorter lengths because I know I'll never run across another deal like that and I have plenty of shorter lengths already.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,104  
Appearently the strong hand welding table clones are a hit my store has sold out every shipment

That's been the problem here too. I've stopped in 3 times and always missed them by a day or a couple hours. The manager is holding one of the next ones in for me and will call when its here. He says they can't keep them in stock, as soon as they arrive they are gone that day, but they only get 2 or 3 at a time. I guess that is all the beancounters figure they should have in a store that size and their sales volume. At any rate I will have one by next Saturday.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,105  
I noticed it the other day but being so expensive for only 2500 watts. I did get a flyer that has it listed for $499 (no coupon). If you can get it with the 25% off coupon that would make it reasonable (normally discount coupons don't work with generators) . If HF had a better rep I would be willing to risk money on it.

I didn't think the $699 price was too bad for a 2500w inverter generator. The Honda 2000i is way more than that, and better quality no doubt too.

Be nice to see how clean that power really is and if it can supply the full 2500w claimed in the advert.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,107  
Just cut a straight slot with a Dremel tool, or even a hacksaw.
I can see how this could be done to make the male screw head but, the end I need has to be female. Please clarify.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,108  
This full set of wrenches is on "sale" this month for $12.99 in their coupon listing. For a travelling toolbox I have for field repairs--often under duress--this is perfect and as cheap as it gets. Who cares if I break or lose one or somebody walks off with one. One good wrench would cost more than the whole set but this works for me. As well, if I ever need to heat and bend a wrench for a specific situation I'm OK with it.

I already have a set of these for a separate purpose and while I expected total junk felt they were surprisingly serviceable and a good value.

22 Piece SAE and Metric Raised Panel Combination Wrench Set

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,109  
we have bought from HF for years and you get better at knowing what is junk and what might not be. i was in one awhile back and this guy ask me what i thought, i told him i don't know, i don't think i'd trust it. he said " that's why they call it harbor fright " that said, i've got the numatic 20ton shop press in my sights.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,110  
Look for some reviews - on HF and elsewhere - for that 20 ton press.

If I remember correctly 'Dargo' noted in this thread long ago that his broke a weld the first time he used it. However he claimed he had broken nearly everything he bought at HF.