Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,161  
I bought 0.041" Stainless Steel Lock Wire, 1 Lb. Coil (SKU#8895) to replace the one I had used up in the last 20 years for $8.00.

A real bargain. It comes in a plastic dispenser. While you are at it, get one of these 9" Safety Wire Twisting Pliers (SKU#45341) for $12.00.

These are OK if you don't treat them too rough. A neighbor ruined the first pair, but HF replaced it.

View attachment 366932 View attachment 366933

I will second this product. The safety wire has worked for me for maybe 10 years and is great wire. There are actually two sizes of wire and I use them for safety wiring hot rod parts with the pliers shown. Both work great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,162  
I will second this product. The safety wire has worked for me for maybe 10 years and is great wire. There are actually two sizes of wire and I use them for safety wiring hot rod parts with the pliers shown. Both work great.

I like the wire too but thought the pliers sucked. Maybe the 9" version is OK, I had the small set of pliers and they were inadequate for the job.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,163  
I like the wire too but thought the pliers sucked. Maybe the 9" version is OK, I had the small set of pliers and they were inadequate for the job.

I suspect there may have been different versions of those pliers. I have seen a couple different versions so check the out before you buy. Looking at the reviews of the one shown above, I would likely avoid the current HF version in favor of better quality elsewhere. But the wire is good.

Here's the HF version.
9" Safety Wire Twisting Pliers

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,164  
Haha too funny I just looked in my rollaway and they're still in the original box...I can't remember if they ever been used! :laughing:

IMAG0962.JPG

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,165  
Haha too funny I just looked in my rollaway and they're still in the original box...I can't remember if they ever been used! :laughing:

View attachment 367028

I bought some last year along with the perfectly good stainless wire but they either broke or were useless because of poor manufacturing tolerances. Couldn't tell. Returned them. I like the concept and if you need to tie off more than a handful of twist locks they sure would be useful if they worked.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,166  
I suspect there may have been different versions of those pliers. I have seen a couple different versions so check the out before you buy.........
Good advice sixdogs. HF had an air saw (item#36843) made in Taiwan that was great. They started having them made elsewhere and now they are worthless. They will not cut a wood lathe, much less cut metal. The bad one is Item#60568.
There is another new one sold as Item#91753, that is getting good reviews on their website, but I know nothing about it.:confused:

Attachments

• Air Saw #91753.jpg
    Air Saw #91753.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 103
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,167  
I often wonder why they try to have another company make an item that seems to be selling so well and with good reviews, maybe all to get a slightly lower price for them selves? But in the long run I think they hurt themselves with bad sales.I see a trend to these things , Like with Wal Mart. they always do it eventually your sacrificing quality and loos in the long run..
Good advice sixdogs. HF had an air saw (item#36843) made in Taiwan that was great. They started having them made elsewhere and now they are worthless. They will not cut a wood lathe, much less cut metal. The bad one is Item#60568.
There is another new one sold as Item#91753, that is getting good reviews on their website, but I know nothing about it.:confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,168  
Things made in Taiwan seem to be of much better quality. When I hear made in China and HF, I don't think it's a stretch to visualize a lot of individual cottage industries in huts around the countryside with each making a little portion of the product and the quality of the day depending on how everyone felt on that particular day.

I know it's supposed to be the same country but the work cultures are miles apart.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,169  
Things made in Taiwan seem to be of much better quality. When I hear made in China and HF, I don't think it's a stretch to visualize a lot of individual cottage industries in huts around the countryside with each making a little portion of the product and the quality of the day depending on how everyone felt on that particular day.

I know it's supposed to be the same country but the work cultures are miles apart.

Actually, China has highly sophisticated factories like the ones that make iPhones. The issue is that HF and Walmart etc specify what level of quality they are willing to buy. They want cheap crap so that is what the factories produce.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,170  
YES just what I mean thanks for saying it.
Actually, China has highly sophisticated factories like the ones that make iPhones. The issue is that HF and Walmart etc specify what level of quality they are willing to buy. They want cheap crap so that is what the factories produce.