Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,251  
Newbury;

Thanks for sharing that. Got several 25% off coupons out of various magazine over about 6 month period late last year but, all went back to 20% now. Will check that one out. Extra 5% is great!

Have been looking at their MIG welder cart with drawers. It is on sale for $170 so 25% off would get it to about $128. Anyone have one of these?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
Yep the black one... works great. I have a Miller 211 welder on top that weighs 74lbs and a full 80cuft CO2/Argon tank on back. The regulator is more than 4ft high from the ground and is easily viewable behind the welder. I put drawer liners in each drawer and on top so the welder doesn't slide on top... seems quite stable. Rolls just fine on my smooth garage floor. Can't comment on rough or asphalt surface but can't beat the price with sale and coupon IMO. Some assembly required but easy. It has hooks on both sides for your cords and a chain on the back to secure your tank. Dividers in the top drawer for consumables and other misc small stuff. I am real happy with it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,252  
Yep the black one... works great. I have a Miller 211 welder on top that weighs 74lbs and a full 80cuft CO2/Argon tank on back. The regulator is more than 4ft high from the ground and is easily viewable behind the welder. I put drawer liners in each drawer and on top so the welder doesn't slide on top... seems quite stable. Rolls just fine on my smooth garage floor. Can't comment on rough or asphalt surface but can't beat the price with sale and coupon IMO. Some assembly required but easy. It has hooks on both sides for your cords and a chain on the back to secure your tank. Dividers in the top drawer for consumables and other misc small stuff. I am real happy with it.

Thank for info. Going to get one in Houston next week.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,253  
Anyone have the welding table?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,254  
No but considered it and saw it in person. I ended up using an old beaten up Craftsman tool base cabinet and threw on a 1/2in steel plate for a top and added HF casters. Otherwise, probably pulled the trigger on this one on sale with 20% coupon. If you plan it only for stuff that is not too heavy (I don't remember the weight rating but I didn't believe it) I think it would be fine. Definitely a nice portable unit. If you want to see some reviews check here: Adjustable Steel Welding Table

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,256  
Yes. Excellent deal. Essentially a copy of the portable StrongHand (?arm) but without the wheels and a third the price.

I just bought one. Put it together yesterday. Some of the bolts and nuts don't match up with the description, but there were plenty to put it together, with a couple of bolts and 4 or 5 washers left over. Once you figure out the bolt mismatch, it goes together easy enough. I haven't used it yet, but the first thing I did after getting it together was check the edges for square, and they were perfect (using a rafter square). So the little edge guides that stick up on two sides will be perfect for aligning 90* corners. I wouldn't want to put something very heavy on it, it could get top-heavy real quick. But for smaller projects, or sub-assemblies of a bigger project, it should work great. It would be easy enough to remove two bolts and lay the table on the floor to square up and align a larger part.
Also, it is easy to fold flat for storage.
jp

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,257  
I just bought one. Put it together yesterday. Some of the bolts and nuts don't match up with the description, but there were plenty to put it together, with a couple of bolts and 4 or 5 washers left over. Once you figure out the bolt mismatch, it goes together easy enough. I haven't used it yet, but the first thing I did after getting it together was check the edges for square, and they were perfect (using a rafter square). So the little edge guides that stick up on two sides will be perfect for aligning 90* corners. I wouldn't want to put something very heavy on it, it could get top-heavy real quick. But for smaller projects, or sub-assemblies of a bigger project, it should work great. It would be easy enough to remove two bolts and lay the table on the floor to square up and align a larger part. Also, it is easy to fold flat for storage. jp
In addition, you can bolt two of them together and get a larger table.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,258  

I picked one up yesterday with 25% off coupon for $59.99. Haven't unboxed yet, but read a lot of positive reviews and feedback.