Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,263  
Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,264  
I was there at my local store today.
Looked at the Side Hanging Tool Box, 18" x 7 draws, red.
I was impressed, draws are ball bearing slides and glide in and out very nicely, draws are full length opening, there are two larger draws on the bottom instead of one really large one on the Craftsman unit.
Paint looks good but not sure if this side box will attach to the Craftsman Tool Chest, I am hoping it will.

Looked at a few other tools, not what I would want to use in my shop.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,265  
8 Drawer Rolling Tool Cabinet w/ 8 Drawer Top Chest

There's a current coupon for $299 for this red 8 drawer rolling tool chest. It's the lowest price I can recall. The red ones work and this is one of the best. I really like mine.

I have three of the wider (2 stacks of drawers) roll around cabinets with the accessory cabinets hanging on the side. Tool Chests & Roller Cabinets

I don't roll them but could (if I cleared a path.) They aren't the smoothest easiest gliding drawers available in this style of cabinet but they certainly work well enough even with heavy loads in the drawers and the prices are way lower than the easy smooth operating high dollar competition. I have had these about 7-9 years. I don't recall when I got them just that my wife encouraged me to get more if I wanted them (things like that tend to stand out in your memory!)

If I needed/wanted more I would not hesitate to get the same from HF again. They work good enough and are priced right, especially when on sale or you havew the 20% off coupon.

Patrick

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,266  
I have three of the...

I don't recall when I got them just that my wife encouraged me to get more if I wanted them (things like that tend to stand out in your memory!)

Patrick

OK now, here's your chance. Just show up with a new Kubota or maybe an implement and say something like "Oh, sorry... I thought you said it was OK to get a new (fill in the blank) tractor". :laughing:

On smaller things this has worked for me over the years.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,267  
OK now, here's your chance. Just show up with a new Kubota or maybe an implement and say something like "Oh, sorry... I thought you said it was OK to get a new (fill in the blank) tractor". :laughing: On smaller things this has worked for me over the years.

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission." One of my favorite, if selectively deployed, tactical moves. Just beware that she can learn to use it too!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,268  
I got the Complete rolling tool cabinet set in a past sale last year and noticed much the same that it was well worth the savings to buy them at HF vs the higher dollar smooth draws on the more expensive competitor cabinets. In the end it was the best choice for sure.. With the weight of the tools in the drawers and just a few months use the draws run as smooth as butta' I have zero complaints about this tool chest set save one.. Why cant I order them keyed alike? :)

Scrambler82, I am sure you could find a way to mount it.. I mean come on its for tools so you have to have a way to get er done! And even nice and neat if you like :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,269  
Scrambler82, I am sure you could find a way to mount it.. I mean come on its for tools so you have to have a way to get er done! And even nice and neat if you like :)

Oh Ya, I will be waiting for the next sale and I will get it. I can't believe it won't fit, most of these chests and cabinets are all the same.

My main point was I liked it and it is good to have an HF closed to home now that I moved to SoCal.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,270  
Ha....Whats Harbor Freight?