Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,301  
In the past I could use a digital (on my phone) 20-25% coupon multiple times as long as it was multiple transactions. If it was a paper coupon then only once unlesd I had multiple coupons but still had to be separate transactions. Last week I went in with my wife and had a digital 25% coupon and they would only let us use it once each. Had to go back a few days later and was talking to a different cashier and she told me the digital ones were fine to use over and over as long as they are separate transactions. I was like w.t.h. lol. I guess it depends on the cashier..... next time it happens I'll see ehat the managers take on it is. I'm an hour a way so I try to plan my purchases.

You can use 20% off for one item and choose a free item in the same transaction.

In the same transaction you can use several coupons discounting various items; for example a coupon for a lower price on five pairs of gloves, and another for up to six examples of the throwaway angle grinder @ $9.99, etc.

Aside from the free gift and 20% coupons, you can use their other coupons all day if you like. But the free gift and 20% coupons can be used only one time per day. Different cashiers vary in how this is enforced, recently a new cashier let me use multiple 20% coupons so long as they went on different receipts as separate transactions. Then a week later there was a sign posted at the register emphasizing the one per day rule and a different cashier refused to accept a 20% coupon on a second transaction, even though I offered to put it on a different credit card.

Finally, watch out for the limitations on the 20 and 25 % coupons. 'No Generators' etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,302  
I'v shown up with "digital coupons" frequently. When I use a paper coupon they usually try to take it. I'm glad they don't try taking a black marker to my PDA screen. Sometimes I just write the "code" # down, 73242581, good till the 21'st.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,303  
We unboxed and did the break-in run on our new HF 6 gallon 150 PSI compressor. We were changing the box blade out for the grader blade in case we have snow this winter and let it run with no-load per the manual but it ran for 30 minutes instead of 10. We did close the drain and let it pump up to 100 and put it back in the storage area to see it if will hold air OK. It is not going to go from Zero to 150 PSI in 60 seconds I can tell you. :) Our old Craftsman 150 PSI only had a 1.5 gallon tank but fit in the motor home fine. Having six gallons is going to be nice I already know. It is about 40 pounds so not too bad. It is the one they have on sale for $99 from time to time. 125 PSI compressors are cheaper but a pain to use to get a tire to 110 PSI.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,304  
Not 150 PSI but I'm pretty happy with my 100 PSI 3 gallons for $40. I've bought two (separate locations) mainly for use with brad nailers.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,305  
This is a preliminary two thumbs up for this tool bag. Only prelim because I haven't had the chance yet to abuse it working in the field. It's well made and looks perfect to toss tools in and if they are good tools won't get scraped together in a 5 gallon bucket or scratched up in a metal tool box. I know people that have these and love them so I have one coming as a Christmas gift and the 20% or 25% off coupon makes it even better for $15.

19 in. Tool Tote

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,306  
I can speak for the tool totes, I do not have the 19in ones but I have a bunch of the 15inch zipper close ones and they take a licking and keep on ticking. Unlike your example I mainly use them for spot jobs or specific tool sets for specific jobs like wiring etc.. However, I have tested their longevity very thoroughly at the local u-pick it! I have two of them completely overloaded with tools and the such and they haven't popped a single stitch. The body material has only started to show mild abrasion marks in it and it is literally drenched in every fluid a vehicle can hold and still going strong. **** the zipper even works on the ones I use at the u pick it. I always get them on sale I even think I have gotten them at 4.99 locally. A total of 7 of them so far and if I need another job specific kit I wont hesitate to buy additional ones.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,307  
I got two of the tool totes this spring. Used them all summer at my maintenance job. Very happy with them. Loaded them up pretty heavy with tools. One did have the stitching come loose on one of the end inner pockets where the pocket material goes into the corner stitching, so lost use of that pocket. Someday I'll get out the needle and thread...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,308  
I posted many pages back and have since gotten/purchased a couple more Hardon Fright tools of honorable mention...

HF's manual tire machine for 40 bucks. Worth every penny but get a 'No-Mar' mount-dismount bar to save your alloy rims from scratches. Steel rims, no ossie. Use plenty of tire lube when mounting and dismounting. I did 5 tires, 5 off the rims and 5 new on the rims in 45 minutes. Worth every penny for the changer and No-Mar bar. It has to be bolted to the floor (tire machine), disregard HF's 'bolt to a pallet' instructions, that won't work.

HF's motorcycle tire changer.... screws on the top of their tire machine. Another good tool (with some modification). I welded the upright arm holder. It's bolted stock, needs welded to prevent flexing and the rim holders need rubber hose slipped over each leg to hold the rim securely but all-in-all, a bargain.

Finally, HF's bubble tire balancer. Works fantastic, just center the bubble (adjustable) and don't move the base. I used HF stick on wheel weights too. Good pricing on the weights and the balancer. No shimmy, hop at 75, thats good enough for me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,309  
A neighbor had one of their bubble balancers and would put a little light grease on the bearing and spin the tire after placing the weights where it looked like they should go. Not sure if it helped but he swore it did. I've had one of the tire changers for about 15 years now. The red paint is now pink and I had to make a few modifications but overall it's been real good.

I did have to reinforce the bead breaker arms. I welded the base together vs being bolted. I also removed the piece of steel that keeps the wheel from sliding when breaking the bead. It's not really needed and if not careful it'll damage the wheel when breaking the bead on the backside of the wheel.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,310  
A neighbor had one of their bubble balancers and would put a little light grease on the bearing and spin the tire after placing the weights where it looked like they should go. Not sure if it helped but he swore it did. I've had one of the tire changers for about 15 years now. The red paint is now pink and I had to make a few modifications but overall it's been real good.

I did have to reinforce the bead breaker arms. I welded the base together vs being bolted. I also removed the piece of steel that keeps the wheel from sliding when breaking the bead. It's not really needed and if not careful it'll damage the wheel when breaking the bead on the backside of the wheel.