Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#4,391  
You could get a lot more for it. Remember it takes 3-4 hours to put together and lots of folks aren't going to make that effort.
OK, I'll advertise it for $500, too, just like the guy I was carping about. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,392  
I agree with your points. I replaced the casters and I use a HF overhead 110 volt hoist to fold and unfold it. You could topple it if you screwed up, but I think the folding feature is a winner. Not in the yard rusting and being an eyesore, yet it is ready to use in a few minutes.

At any rate, I'll advertise it for $150 and it will go fast.

Where in MI are you? For $150, I think it would come in pretty handy. If you're close enough, I'd like to look at it.

#4,393  
Where in MI are you? For $150, I think it would come in pretty handy. If you're close enough, I'd like to look at it.
I'm not going to sell it for another year - I'm just getting my ducks in a row. I'll buy another one when I move to the PNW.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,394  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,395  
What kind of luck are people having with the #68424 'Professional' Earthquake impact wrench?
image_11115.jpg

My wife found a $74.99 coupon for this in the Sunday paper. Lowest price I've seen. At that price I took the bait and bought one.

Hopefully this is will remove lug nuts without having to loosen them with a breaker bar first. My first $30 HF impact wrench (#94802) specifies 230 ft lbs but it isn't anywhere near that. It won't loosen little boat trailer lugs, even after I put larger 3/8" air fittings on the tool and my hoses.

Does the 1/2" Earthquake impact wrench really put out anywhere near 700 ft lbs?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,396  
What kind of luck are people having with the #68424 'Professional' Earthquake impact wrench?
image_11115.jpg

My wife found a $74.99 coupon for this in the Sunday paper. Lowest price I've seen. At that price I took the bait and bought one.

Hopefully this is will remove lug nuts without having to loosen them with a breaker bar first. My first $30 HF impact wrench (#94802) specifies 230 ft lbs but it isn't anywhere near that. It won't loosen little boat trailer lugs, even after I put larger 3/8" air fittings on the tool and my hoses.

Does the 1/2" Earthquake impact wrench really put out anywhere near 700 ft lbs?

I have that impact gun and it is really powerful. I can easily snap bolts off if I wanted and it has loosened things I thought were stuck forever, like big truck lug nuts rusted on. Not sure on the foot pounds of toque but it is the most powerful I have ever owned..

#4,397  
Almost every time I get to that point, along comes a duck shuffler.

Bruce
I'm looking to move to SW WA - Vancouver / Camas. Are there any duck shuffling associations there that I should know about?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,398  
Anyone have their bead blasting cabinets??

I have the floor model. Older one where the light housing is on top of the cabinet. Looks like the current model has the light inside. The fluorescent light on mine was weak, I replaced it with two small halogen fixtures, now I can see what I am doing. It also helps to use a shop vac while blasting. It removes the fog of dust that makes it hard to see what you are doing, and prevents any dust from leaking out the cracks. The pickup hose occasionally gets clogged, but it is easy to clear... just hold your hand tightly over the nozzle, pull the trigger to back blast the pickup tube.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,399  
I bought the wife a HF torque multiplier so she could remove the lug bolts on her car. It works great. The only thing is that the user has to remember to turn clockwise to remove the nut. That doesn't bother her because she can never remember which direction to turn, anyway. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,400  
I bought the wife a HF torque multiplier so she could remove the lug bolts on her car. It works great. The only thing is that the user has to remember to turn clockwise to remove the nut. That doesn't bother her because she can never remember which direction to turn, anyway. :)

Direction changes with the direction the clock is facing and on which side of the clock you are on and if you or the clock is inverted. :confused2: