Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,861  
My frame is bolted to a concrete floor.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,862  
I have two HF 6x8 greenhouses end to end making a 6x16 with a door on each end. It seemed to triple the space inside. The bottom is mounted on a frame of two 2x6 boards and a 2x4 flat on top to gain inside height.

Bruce

Nice. Are they made so they can mate up well?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,863  
I used several 6 inch pieces of flat AL strap, about 2 inches wide, to join the T sections used for the frame. The center post now looks like TT. I bought 2x1/8x48 "yardsticks" for about halt the price of AL bar stock. Then sealed the outside with AL tape. A horizontal crossways strap just over head level strengthens the now 2-piece ridgepole which is no longer supported in the center. Sort of a wide "A" shape. And it keeps the sides from bowing out in the center.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,864  
I used several 6 inch pieces of flat AL strap, about 2 inches wide, to join the T sections used for the frame. The center post now looks like TT. I bought 2x1/8x48 "yardsticks" for about halt the price of AL bar stock. Then sealed the outside with AL tape. A horizontal crossways strap just over head level strengthens the now 2-piece ridgepole which is no longer supported in the center. Sort of a wide "A" shape. And it keeps the sides from bowing out in the center.

Bruce
Pics would help... I guess it is late so I'm having trouble with the visual. Interested though. I too spent some serious time with mods so hoping to learn.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,866  
Its walnut season.... :laughing:

Thanks to MossRoad's suggestion, I've just completed a project with my new HF 20-ton shop press. I can tell you, this puppy is up to the job, even without air assist. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• walnut 1.jpg
    walnut 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 213
  • walnut 2.jpg
    walnut 2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 198
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,867  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,868  
Any opinions on the temporary garages hf sells, think they are in the 200-300 price range? Between the hotrod fiero, tractor, and attachments I've run out of room in the garage. Pole building is in the future but still a couple years away. If anyone has one how has it held up? Year or 2 or not even through the winter? Northeast ohio so we do get snow, just not in the 100 inch range.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,869  
Any opinions on the temporary garages hf sells, think they are in the 200-300 price range? Between the hotrod fiero, tractor, and attachments I've run out of room in the garage. Pole building is in the future but still a couple years away. If anyone has one how has it held up? Year or 2 or not even through the winter? Northeast ohio so we do get snow, just not in the 100 inch range.

Help is on the way! I can help you out with that Fiero :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,870  
Help is on the way! I can help you out with that Fiero :)

haha, it's not just me then! Always liked them for some unknown reason. The '90s (Burgundy) Monte Carlos as well.