Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,001  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,002  
Items come and go from the website and the stores, sometimes not at the same time.

I think they remove some items from the website when not in stock.

Bruce

Here's one on Ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,003  
I've been wanting to go back to HF for a tool box... co-worker has one, works well...

If I get the magic double post I'll get the #5000 prize! (Fingers crossed)

Edit: no, I DID NOT post twice! This is one double post I don't plan to take the 5-6 clicks to remove! *grin*

You do realize you have to share the prize with all of us who have posted to this thread. Without us, you would never have seen post 5000. :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,004  
Items come and go from the website and the stores, sometimes not at the same time.

I think they remove some items from the website when not in stock.

Bruce

Here's one on Ebay.

View attachment 446574

That one looks like it would break the first time you use it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,005  
That one looks like it would break the first time you use it.
I think that is a pretty classic design for a nut splitter. Of course the quality of the metal and machining would determine just how effective and durable it would be.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,006  
You do realize you have to share the prize with all of us who have posted to this thread. Without us, you would never have seen post 5000. :thumbsup:

So true... credit where credit due.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,007  
I think that is a pretty classic design for a nut splitter. Of course the quality of the metal and machining would determine just how effective and durable it would be.

I'm not a fan of splitters but I have a Craftsman nut splitter that I bought used about 30 years ago and it's lived a hard life with no problems. In the old days before I discovered alternate methods, I even wailed on it with a sledgehammer. That should not be allowed but I did it. Considering the inconsistencies of Chinese steel and processes to make it, I would choose a USA one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,008  

I'm not a fan of splitters but I have a Craftsman nut splitter that I bought used about 30 years ago and it's lived a hard life with no problems. In the old days before I discovered alternate methods, I even wailed on it with a sledgehammer. That should not be allowed but I did it. Considering the inconsistencies of Chinese steel and processes to make it, I would choose a USA one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,009  
Maybe the prize should be one trip to HF and all the stuff you buy works as advertized and with no modifications needed when assembled.