Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,101  
Not sure if the "42 inch off road farm jack" has been reviewed here before but I have one and like it. It is currently on sale for $40 which is certainly an excellent value. The jack is a traditional farm jack. It needs to be mounted on a base unless you use it only on a concrete pad. I just bolted it to a 10x10x2 and it works fine lifting my tractor. Solid simple traditional build. Potentially useful for other things as well like pulling fence posts thought I haven't done that. Obviously you need to block the tractor once lifted, this isn't something I would trust my life to but it works. . Farm Jacks - 42" 3-1/2 Ton Farm Jack

It also works great as a very strong come-along, albeit over only very short distances before needing to be reset.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,102  
I have the Green model of the 4" X 36" inch combination belt and disk sander and hated the belt, which tore easily, probably in part at least because it had a really significant bump when the join passed over the platen.

I don't mind the belt sander itself, and it worked great for cleaning up and sharpening our MMM blades, but now that the belt has torn, I'm trying to find a good [reasonably balanced between price and value] source for new ones, as well as looking for recommendations as to which type and grit level of media would be most serviceable for light to medium metal use and [a separate set] for similar duty use [light to medium] with wood finishing.

I know that the reddish Al-Oxide is kind of defacto for wood, but what abrasive is best for [mostly ferrous] metal shaping, cleaning up edges and at least rough sharpening? I see a blackish Al-Ox, silicone, and zirconium and ? others, but none of the "emery cloth" I was taught to use as a kid [altho the black Al-Ox looks very similar to it].

Any tip on good bands [reasonable and serviceable] or places to order them from?

The HF abrasives as often noted, all seem to be pretty low quality.

Thanks,
Thomas

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,104  
Great HF deal - the drywall lift. I bought it for $199, used it to put 900 sq ft of sheet rock on my 10 ft workshop ceiling. Sold it today for $100 to another fellow who has the same requirement. Much cheaper than hiring the job out or even hiring a helper. More than paid for itself in one job.

I've used mine on several jobs, loaned it to friends, and recently modified it to hoist 22 ft gluelams up 14 ft, reinforcement for the roof on a 1880 building.
Not a OSHA approved lifting device, But I made sure we stayed as safe as we could.

I bought a extension from northern tool, that extended the lift from 11 ft to 15 feet. I took a chance, it looked very similar, so I bought the extension, really a taller mast, and it fit perfectly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,108  
I forgot I have some of those moving blankets, too. As someone mentioned, they are better than renting. If you use them about twice, they are paid for. :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,109  
I see the 90A AC flux welder for $85 in the black Friday ad. Online today, online/store on Friday. Apparently no coupon required. This is the lowest I've seen.

These must be better than the older blue one. The 'how do I get this thing to work' inquiries have dropped off drastically after they introduced this one. Nearly all of the reviews on HF's site are favorable but read some of the negative reviews before deciding to go ahead with this. Maybe buy the two year replacement warranty. And recognize it is a throwaway with no repair parts available from HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,110  
Not sure if the "42 inch off road farm jack" has been reviewed here before but I have one and like it. It is currently on sale for $40 which is certainly an excellent value. The jack is a traditional farm jack. It needs to be mounted on a base unless you use it only on a concrete pad. I just bolted it to a 10x10x2 and it works fine lifting my tractor. Solid simple traditional build. Potentially useful for other things as well like pulling fence posts thought I haven't done that. Obviously you need to block the tractor once lifted, this isn't something I would trust my life to but it works. . Farm Jacks - 42" 3-1/2 Ton Farm Jack

That's my truck jack. Rides in the back seat floorboard of my F350. I've used it for:
Pulling fence posts
Changing my M4700 rears
raising the bar on m WD trailer hitch
lifting my truck - all sides