Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,121  
[QUOTEs=buckeyefarmer;4301139]
[snip]

How do the torque wrenches hold up and are they accurate ?

I like mine, though I don't use them often. There was a discussion on their accuracy somewhere (maybe even buried in this one). As I recall, they are fairly well regarded.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,122  
I like mine, though I don't use them often. There was a discussion on their accuracy somewhere (maybe even buried in this one). As I recall, they are fairly well regarded.
Just bought one. For the money and amount of use I think I will get out of it... I think the right choice for me. Would I trade it and a cat that doesn't mouse for a snap-on... You bet!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,124  
re the HF torque wrenches I've had one for 20+ years and its spot-on. I compare it against two beam type torque wrenches a couple of times per project (cause it is from HF after all) and all three have always matched. It came with some kind of a certification document claiming it meets mil spec or something.

Likewise I have their $4 (?) dial tire gauge that came with some kind of accuracy certificate. I think its the most accurate tire gauge I own.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,125  
Spend just $5 and I'll make sure you get a free flashlight! :D
BTDT, can't use any more! And the voltmeters - several yellow, and now red. Magnetic parts bowls. Tarps. Jumbo tape measure. Two-way LED flashlight/flood light. Screwdriver sets - until one shattered when used to pry with. And likely a few more 'prizes' that I can't remember now. :D

They make ok presents to give to little nephews.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,126  
BTDT, can't use any more! And the voltmeters - several yellow, and now red. Magnetic parts bowls. Tarps. Jumbo tape measure. Two-way LED flashlight/flood light. Screwdriver sets - until one shattered when used to pry with. And likely a few more 'prizes' that I can't remember now. :D

They make ok presents to give to little nephews.

I've got a few flashlites hanging near light switches. By this time next year, I hope to have one hanging beside every switch in the house.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,128  
It's funny how the free gifts add up. Back when I was building my house Lowes had 25' Stanley tape measures for $9 that came with a $10 off when you spend $50. Since I was always picking up small stuff to complete projects I was there usually 3 times a week. Each time I would grab another tape measure to get another coupon. I now have at least 20 of those tape measures all around the house/ shop/ garage. You would think that you could never have too many tape measures but I actually do have too many. It would of been different if I could of left them in the package but to get the coupon on the back you had to remove the tape measure. So now I have a drawer full of them and have given away a half dozen. I don't have a HF close so I don't have many of their free gifts (I do have several free screwdriver sets hanging on the wall).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,129  
It's funny how the free gifts add up. Back when I was building my house Lowes had 25' Stanley tape measures for $9 that came with a $10 off when you spend $50. Since I was always picking up small stuff to complete projects I was there usually 3 times a week. Each time I would grab another tape measure to get another coupon. I now have at least 20 of those tape measures all around the house/ shop/ garage. You would think that you could never have too many tape measures but I actually do have too many. It would of been different if I could of left them in the package but to get the coupon on the back you had to remove the tape measure. So now I have a drawer full of them and have given away a half dozen. I don't have a HF close so I don't have many of their free gifts (I do have several free screwdriver sets hanging on the wall).

I'm happy to provide my address! :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,130  
Too many tape measures - yeah.

The HF free tape measures, the 25 ft ones and the 33 ft one (free, or coupon?) , seemed like a great idea until I had a couple of them. Then I noticed they are too bulky and heavy to carry around. One that large is really a specialty tool for laying out a new deck or roofing materials, or maybe building a big trailer, not a daily use item.

I went back to instinctively reaching for my 12 and sometimes 16 ft Stanley tapes - some of which I've had since my Carpenter days 40 years ago. I finally went to the used tool guy at the flea market and swapped one of the HF giants for a far lighter 8 ft tape measure that is convenient to take in my pocket when I go to to buy something like bolts or plumbing materials.

For now the free voltmeters are my favorite. The local small computer store will swap a few of those for something I can actually use, a phone charger or something.

HF freebies are great!