Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,521  
Thanks for the input guys. I can get a new one for about $208 with a 20% coupon based on present $260 sale price. I looked at one at their store a couple weeks ago and stand seems light. I think I would build a better stand, with locking caster so I could store it out of the way.

Is the 64 1/2" blade a fairly standard size?

My use will be hobby / ranch use. No big production work.

For what it's worth, regarding the stand, I weigh about 220 and frequently use the saw for a step ladder to get to a lumber storage rack hanging from my garage ceiling. Its solid as a rock.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,522  
One of my interests, in the HF Bandsaw is ability to operate horizontal or vertical. Do you guys use your vertically? Any issues with the table?

I've only used the table a few times over the years. Its more of a bother to find it and the mounting screws from the last time I used it. It works O.K. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,523  
For what it's worth, regarding the stand, I weigh about 220 and frequently use the saw for a step ladder to get to a lumber storage rack hanging from my garage ceiling. Its solid as a rock.

That's the other part of the problem, it's too low to use comfortably. I would want to raise it a minimum of 6" or more.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,524  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,525  
That's the other part of the problem, it's too low to use comfortably. I would want to raise it a minimum of 6" or more.

So you can lift your heavy iron pieces higher, and have the cut-offs fall farther? :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,526  
Iron Bullet..... I thought he was calling the saw an iron bullet, but no... yikes!

For those of you that haven't read that link, go read it!!! :laughing:

Some of these links are old but that's why all the hobby sites that talk about setting these up suggest the first thing you do is change the worm gear oil.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,529  
It always ends up with my back going out or my toes getting smushed! :laughing:

My project metal is all small stuff so, no issue with smashed toes. I just build all my equipment to comfortable working height for me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,530  
The beauty of building outfeed and collections tables.