Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,761  
I bought that one maybe 5 years ago. I think it has 'Goodyear - USA' trademark on it.

I got that because the cheap blue HF PVC air hose was unreasonably stiff. I still have a couple of those but they are only useful for extensions, not for the working end.

From one of the reviews of an orange HF PVC hose: Caveat Emptor.

Yes, Goodyear, that's the one. I often run 150-170 psi through it. No rot, no smell, no kidding.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,762  
Yes, Goodyear, that's the one. I often run 150-170 psi through it. No rot, no smell, no kidding.
Mine is also Goodyear. I didn't realize HF had changed suppliers so was wondering what all the fuss was about. The Goodyear hose is still fine ten years later.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,764  
I've seldom had much luck with magnetic welding angles. I finally made some from angle iron and clamp them onto what I'm welding.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,766  
4 Piece Magnetic Welding Holders. These do suck. Two of them wouldn't hold a 16.5" piece of #4 rebar. Completely useless
They are not meant to hold heavy objects like rebar. They work for holding sheet or 1/4" where the weight is on the table and the holders are simply keeping the vertical piece stable and maintaining the 90 or 45 degree angle.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,767  
They are not meant to hold heavy objects like rebar. They work for holding sheet or 1/4" where the weight is on the table and the holders are simply keeping the vertical piece stable and maintaining the 90 or 45 degree angle.

But a 16 inch pieces of 1\2" rebar only weights like a pound, 2 at the most

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,768  
But a 16 inch pieces of 1\2" rebar only weights like a pound, 2 at the most

Understood but what these magnets are really designed for is to simply hold two pieces of steel at a 90 degree angle while welding. They really are not designed to hold weight but rather position. I think the main use is to have both pieces on a bench with one on edge and the magnet keeps the piece on edge from falling over and in the correct position. Very different than clamps.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,769  
Understood but what these magnets are really designed for is to simply hold two pieces of steel at a 90 degree angle while welding. They really are not designed to hold weight but rather position. I think the main use is to have both pieces on a bench with one on edge and the magnet keeps the piece on edge from falling over and in the correct position. Very different than clamps.

I was thinking of getting these for the purpose you describe. In your opinion they are decent tools for position of supported metal?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,770  
I was thinking of getting these for the purpose you describe. In your opinion they are decent tools for position of supported metal?

Yes. Just be clear that they are not going to support a 4x8 foot sheet of 12 gauge steel on edge. A foot or two of vertical height I would not be concerned about at all when using about one every foot or so along the base. Just use more of them if you have something a bit taller but they really are not designed to hold stuff that you couldn't easily hold in place with one finger if you were lucky enough to have three arms.