Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,801  
I have an auto darkening welding hood purchased from HF that has worked flawlessly for several years. Wrenches, sockets, breakers bars are all good.

Their slide bar clamps are worthless and break the first time you try to tighten them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,802  
I have an auto darkening welding hood purchased from HF that has worked flawlessly for several years. Wrenches, sockets, breakers bars are all good.

Their slide bar clamps are worthless and break the first time you try to tighten them.
I've used the sliding bar claps for simple craft glue ups, like pop cycle stick bridges and similar stuff with kids projects, but that's about it

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,803  
Finally picked up a couple of their trunk organizers a little while back and they are great! Just the right size for the back of the Jeep.

TrunkOrganizer.jpg

Harbor Freight Trunk Organizer

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,804  
Here is a "don't suck" review I gave many pages ago and would like to give again because they are so great. It is their "tool tote" that comes in two sizes and has a piece of plastic that goes in the bottom to hold it in shape. It works excellent.

Here are the two sizes:
12 in. Tool Tote
19 in. Tool Tote

We have one of each. The big one goes in the big truck and keeps the things like tools, rags, marking paint, earphones and such in one compact location. I may get a second one for smaller tie down straps. The smaller one goes in the smaller truck and holds all the stuff that used to roll around on the back floor. Because of the flat bottom and solid carrying handle, everything stays where it should and does not form into a pile of stuff. They are often on sale and with a 20% off coupon the price comes out OK.

I talked it over with the dogs and we give these totes our coveted two thumbs and 12 paws up. :dog:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,805  
Probably mentioned here before, but I really like the HF electric plugs -

Electrical Tools & Electrical Accessories -

125 Volt, 15 Amp Female Plug Connector

They have easy to connect screw terminals inside with a rectangular screw "washer" so that you just clamp down on bare stranded wire. And the cable clamps work really good on typical extension cord wire gauges (14-18g) and don't come loose even after long use. Evidently the blade contacts inside are decent, because I have some that I have had in hard use on a table saw and electric blower for many years.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,808  
If you put 'em into zip lock bags, and made it a point to stay as far away as possible doing your tacks, do you think the bags would still melt?
Not if you limit welding to tack welds.

If you've ever had the pleasure of touching recently welded sheet or plate you'd know that heat travels pretty quickly. Just a guess but I'd say a ziplock would melt 5-6" away from a fillet weld.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,809  
Maybe wrap them in nomex cloth.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,810  
Here's my favorite multitool. I have two sizes. Bought them new but I think they are no longer sold.

The 'crescent' wrench in my larger one is big enough to remove a hose from a propane bottle. This tool, plus a HF combo screwdriver - four tips, plus the handle and the two adapters have hex openings to fit three sizes of hose-clamp nuts - and a tiny indestructible Buck pocketknife, are about all I've ever needed for maintaining stuff when camping. I carry more tools 'just in case' but never seem to get them out. I keep one of these in each car.

HF could sell a lot of these if they could match the durability of the originals.

DiamalloyHandyboy65-inch_zpsa99b662a.jpg
I have one of these. It was given to me by my great uncle about 20 years ahi out so. Handy little tool.