Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,161  
What did you manage to find costing nearly a grand that isn't in the massive exclusion list for the 25% off coupon?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,162  
What did you manage to find costing nearly a grand that isn't in the massive exclusion list for the 25% off coupon?

Careful manipulation of the rules and a friendly cashier. It was actually a bunch of separate items, rang up individually. I have never found a HF that wouldn't let you go to your car, come back in and use the coupon again.

sets of 12 ton jack stands, sets of wrenches, etc. There are some things I try and keep a stock of. The downside of supplying technicians with tools is that they lose them no matter what brand they are.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,163  
These aren't exactly "tools", but H-F has what the call "Hook & Loop Cable Ties" in the electrical section. These are Velcro straps that are made to tie up the excess length of power cords and cables. They actually work really well and are handy to have around.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,164  
A post in "Rural Living" reminded me that the HF telescoping flagpole is decent. Wife bought her mom one many years ago. It's still in use and holding up fine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,165  
These aren't exactly "tools", but H-F has what the call "Hook & Loop Cable Ties" in the electrical section. These are Velcro straps that are made to tie up the excess length of power cords and cables. They actually work really well and are handy to have around.

Cheaper, get more. Though they are 'lighter' I believe.: Amazon.com : VELCRO Brand - ONE-WRAP Cable Management, Thin Self-Gripping Cable Ties: Reusable, Light Duty - 8" x 1/2" Ties, 100 Pack - Black : Office Products

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,166  
I use plant tie velcro. Long reel of it I can cut to any length.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,167  
Here's an update on the dead blow hammers I mentioned probably 400 pages ago. I liked it but it had some sort of fungus looking stuff on it and I was afraid to use it without rubber gloves. Anyway, that fungus went away with use and since my original "don't suck" rating they came out with much heavier versions that perform very well. They are a must have for the homeowner, farmer or whatever.

We were putting in some 6" x 8" concrete pavers over the weekend and I used my dead blow hammer to tighten them up after I put in place. A rubber hammer would have bounced a bit and left a small gap but the dead blow hammer left zero gap and I got a beautiful job. I used a one lb hammer and when I stopped in at a store later I saw they had them as much as four lbs.

These are great for anything where you want to transfer all of the energy to the object being struck and with no bounce-back. Body work, rocks, pavers, assembling anything, etc. Try one one time and you'll never be without it. As always, buy on sale and use a 20% off coupon.

Search results for: 'dead blow hammer'

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,168  
Here's an update on the dead blow hammers I mentioned probably 400 pages ago. I liked it but it had some sort of fungus looking stuff on it and I was afraid to use it without rubber gloves. Anyway, that fungus went away with use and since my original "don't suck" rating they came out with much heavier versions that perform very well. They are a must have for the homeowner, farmer or whatever.

We were putting in some 6" x 8" concrete pavers over the weekend and I used my dead blow hammer to tighten them up after I put in place. A rubber hammer would have bounced a bit and left a small gap but the dead blow hammer left zero gap and I got a beautiful job. I used a one lb hammer and when I stopped in at a store later I saw they had them as much as four lbs.

These are great for anything where you want to transfer all of the energy to the object being struck and with no bounce-back. Body work, rocks, pavers, assembling anything, etc. Try one one time and you'll never be without it. As always, buy on sale and use a 20% off coupon.

I am a big fan of Harbor Freight dead blows, they work and last just as good as any name brand deadblow that costs ridiculous money. Matter of fact, huge fan of most all of Harbor Freight's hammers.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,169  
I am a big fan of Harbor Freight dead blows, they work and last just as good as any name brand deadblow that costs ridiculous money. Matter of fact, huge fan of most all of Harbor Freight's hammers.
I also am a fan of their bright orange dead blows. Like many of my HF tools I've several (6?) and occasionally they all get together :) but usually they are spread out between several shops and vehicles. I'm surprised they are all still intact because I think some of them are over 10 years old.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,170  

I've got a 3# HF deadblow hammer in my work toolbox. Its my favorite tool.... not so much my boss's. :laughing: