Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,201  
Does anyone have their 4 in. x 36 in. Belt/6 in. Disc Sander? I was wanting their 1" model for sharpening knives, but have not seen the price drop and the 4" is cheaper.
You must have just seen the coupon price for $59.99. Personally no experience with it though but price is hard to turn down if you need one for occasional use. My old craftsman is ready to be replaced. Let us know your findings if you pull the trigger. I will do the same.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,202  
Well, I should have bought it this past weekend with the 25% off coupon, but I'll have to go with a 20% coupon.

And I just looked up the 1" again and it's marked down to $55!!

Decisions, decisions.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,203  
Does anyone have their 4 in. x 36 in. Belt/6 in. Disc Sander?

I was wanting their 1" model for sharpening knives, but have not seen the price drop and the 4" is cheaper.
Forget that one. I bought it on a $59 coupon and took it back when it was so flimsy and poorly made that I couldn't set it up to work as intended. One specific problem was the guard for the disc extended out past the disc so it was impossible to slide material across the sanding disc. I adjusted all the screws in their slotted holes around the entire tool but I still couldn't get enough adjustment range to get that guard where it needed to be.

I had a deadline project to do and after spending a frustrating evening trying the 'some assembly required' I took it back. I noticed the floor display had the same problem, maybe it was a customer return. Went to Home Depot and bought the similar Ryobi for near double the price. Everything works correctly and its perfectly aligned right out of the box. Higher amps (more power) and it feels like a quality tool.

Sometimes HF's stuff is disappointing. I've found Ryobi is the next step up, still inexpensive and homowner-intended, but always capable of working as you had hoped the HF item would.

Summary: that particular item Not Recommended by me because it was so far out of spec it couldn't be set up to be useful.

I posted about this many pages back
. Here's a quote if you don't want to read the whole thing.

The website claims 41.5 lbs shipping weight for this current model 97181, a good solid tool that shouldn't jump around. However while that was printed on the box, when I carried it to the car it felt like far less. I found an actual shipping label pasted on the box that said 29 lbs. They've cheapened it since the version you guys bought.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,204  
I just placed a order for the band file sander. I need to get into some tight places, this looks like a good deal, $35 with shipping.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,205  
I just picked up half a dozen moving quilts for $5.99 each. Kid is moving to different apartment and these quilts also make good blankets to lay on when shooting rifles at our property. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,206  
I just picked up half a dozen moving quilts for $5.99 each. Kid is moving to different apartment and these quilts also make good blankets to lay on when shooting rifles at our property. :)
Two thumbs up on those. Keep one in each vehicle too.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,208  
Forget that one. I bought it on a $59 coupon and took it back when it was so flimsy and poorly made that I couldn't set it up to work as intended. One specific problem was the guard for the disc extended out past the disc so it was impossible to slide material across the sanding disc. I adjusted all the screws in their slotted holes around the entire tool but I still couldn't get enough adjustment range to get that guard where it needed to be.

I had a deadline project to do and after spending a frustrating evening trying the 'some assembly required' I took it back. I noticed the floor display had the same problem, maybe it was a customer return. Went to Home Depot and bought the similar Ryobi for near double the price. Everything works correctly and its perfectly aligned right out of the box. Higher amps (more power) and it feels like a quality tool.

Sometimes HF's stuff is disappointing. I've found Ryobi is the next step up, still inexpensive and homowner-intended, but always capable of working as you had hoped the HF item would.

Summary: that particular item Not Recommended by me because it was so far out of spec it couldn't be set up to be useful.

I posted about this many pages back
. Here's a quote if you don't want to read the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,209  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#6,210  
I have a bunch of them. Keep one on the back seat of the SUV for the dog and carry some in the camper trailer to protect the bed from the dog's feet and fur. I sprayed them with a diluted pemethrin solution to kill any ticks or fleas the dog might carry along. The permetrhin is really cheap if you buy it as fly spray at an ag store vs at a sporting goods store.