Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,411  
Used to have a 1956 4wd Willys wagon. Used a hi lift jack same way. Thing is it would want to fall sideways off the jack whether that was your intent or not.
Maybe the same Willys as mine? I had a 56 and then a 58, Studebaker 259 V8 in the first one then Ford 292 in the second one. Bought/sold both in your region, circa 1974.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,412  
I have posted the dangers of these hi-lift type jacks multiple times. They can kill you if you are not careful, especially on the way down. Keep them lubed.

My neighbor's father had his lower jaw badly shattered by one and before he finished telling me how he did it I asked if it was one of those jacks. Indeed, it was. I have two jacks but don't trust either one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,413  
Used to have a 1956 4wd Willys wagon. Used a hi lift jack same way. Thing is it would want to fall sideways off the jack whether that was your intent or not.
Why would it ever be your intent?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,414  
Why would it ever be your intent?

Jacking it up from front or rear center, then pushing it sideways out of the ruts. But it likes to go sideways if you are jacking up an end for other reasons, too.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,416  
To get out of a deep rut that has you high centered. Jack up way high then push the jeep off the jack to the side. Now your tires are out of the ruts. Works well. Same idea as using the hoe to raise and swing the rear tires of a backhoe out of the mud when stuck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,417  
I bought a real Hi-Lift. They're dangerous enough without worrying about quality. Watched a lengthy training video and talked to some guys from a four wheeler club. They just taught me more ways the thing can kill you....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,418  
I remember a couple people getting knocked out with those things back in the 70's during the mud bogging craze.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,419  
I use mine with caution but wouldn't be without it. I wish I had the first responder yellow model