Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #641  
I like the trailer... I sure could use one of those.

I purchased an 18" wood band saw from HF... dang thing weighs about 200 pounds... paid well under 200 bucks for it.

Love the thing... had a micrometer from them and is was horrible. Bought a parts washer from there as well and it is awesome.

Bought a ton of stuff from there over the years and I have to agree with the post a couple above here... some things are great and some things are not so great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #642  
Tools that did suck:

• grinder disks - fell apart very quickly
  • water filter/ oiler combo for compressor - leaked air - returned for replacement - leaked air evn worse
Tools that didn't suck:

• impact sockets - still using
  • dead blow hammer
  • mini-sledge
  • slip-join pliers
  • chain
  • plastic storage boxes
  • teflon tape - they have the best price I have found. use it mostly for threaded PVC fittings going into plastic irrigation valves - never leaks.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #643  
Last week I picked up their 'Oil Filter Wrench' (pliers, actually) on sale.
36778-t.gif

The quality looks excellent.

Today I found it is ideal for unscrewing the ring securing my Yanmar's fuel filter bowl. If I never use it for anything else (and I will) it is worth having in the tool cabinet for this purpose alone.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #645  
I found this site to create reviews that are much easier to sort through than just having this massive post on here:

Harbor Freight Reviews - Home
;)

Nice idea but right now there are not many reviews posted. Still, I agree it would be a much better system to look up a particular tool.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #646  
After posting several at that site I realized it is a Harbor Freight site and wondered how many, if any, "suck" posts they would actually allow.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #647  
Wow good concern i think. I see many site that seem to have the bad things right there for all to see. I think its good oif a company leaves the bad with the good.Says alot for a company.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #648  
After posting several at that site I realized it is a Harbor Freight site and wondered how many, if any, "suck" posts they would actually allow.

OMG! They would likely hunt me down like a dog!! :eek: :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #650  
Last week I picked up their 'Oil Filter Wrench' (pliers, actually) on sale.
36778-t.gif

The quality looks excellent.

Today I found it is ideal for unscrewing the ring securing my Yanmar's fuel filter bowl. If I never use it for anything else (and I will) it is worth having in the tool cabinet for this purpose alone.

Works good on my Mahindra's fuel bowl ring too! I've had one for a few years - very useful.