Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,531  
Obviously too many responses on here to read but I'll toss in my experience from yesterday anyway. HF ¼" Crown Staples suck. They are wider than American Gauge 18 by a few thousandts and that's enough to jam on the HF staplers (I have 3) apparently built to the AG 18, 0.048 spec, vs the HF 0.051 staple width.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,532  
Having used my Harbor Freight folding welding table recently quite a few times, I can state I am very pleased with it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,533  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,534  
HF's Black Friday ad ia out at Harbor Freight Black Friday Ad for Harbor Freight Black Friday 216 at BFAds.net - Page 4.

Of note is the 2,500 pound winch for $49.

That's a great price on the winch, but the 2500# model is just way to slow for me. I have an old 3000# model (which apparently they don't sell any more) and a 3500# model which are significantly faster. 2500# of pull would have been plenty in my application, but the higher speed of the 3000/3500# winch made it worth to me to pay extra for the step up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,535  
The mechanics gloves on page 8 are a great buy. I bought a pair at the regular price, and I am very impressed with the quality, and comfort.

I like the Pro Mechanics gloves too...and for 9.99 with coupon I think it's pretty good deal for gloves of that style.

I also have a pair of the lighter padded mechanics were 6.99 with coupon and I find myself wearing them most often.

(IMO the only ones I really didn't care for much were the $1.99 polyurethane coated mechanic gloves. Ahh they do the job and are cheap but they don't breathe so your hands do sweat and they are slippery than heck with oil on them. For me there are better choices like gorilla grips or the foamed nitrile)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,536  
Half of the prices on their Black Friday ads are the same they offer in their "normal sales" I have the october sales flier. Same price for the portable garage. Same prices I saw on several items at the sidewalk sale this past weekend.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,537  
And that's why I didn't renew 'Inside Track Club'. It's just another listing of sidewalk sale or black friday prices, maybe a dollar lower, and stuff was never listed at the time I actually needed it.

Their sale coupons and 20% coupons are all you need. No big deal if you occasionally miss their lowest price of the year by a dollar or two.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,538  
I noticed that their Black Friday price on ratcheting box end wrench sets is the same as the normal coupon price when they show up in rotation. Was hoping to get some for less than $20.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,539  
I noticed that their Black Friday price on ratcheting box end wrench sets is the same as the normal coupon price when they show up in rotation. Was hoping to get some for less than $20.

I bought a great set at Lowe's last year on a holiday sale mostly because it included a size missing from other sets. I recall that it was cheaper than HF and seems to be of better quality. I think I recall $20 as the price. They are worth it but try the angle as well as straight ones because thee are two versions.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,540  
I bought a great set at Lowe's last year on a holiday sale mostly because it included a size missing from other sets. I recall that it was cheaper than HF and seems to be of better quality. I think I recall $20 as the price. They are worth it but try the angle as well as straight ones because thee are two versions.
I bought SAE and Metric Gearwrench ratcheting wrenches when they happened to be super low priced during an Advanced Auto Parts sale. They are the straight ones which I prefer. I use them all the time, great quality.