Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,802  
I think I paid $129 when I ordered mine back in Nov.
You did well. For those that are considering the Earthquake just be aware there is the Earthquake and Earthquake Xtreme (XT).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,803  
Finally got my 1/2" Earthquake XT air gun that has been on backorder since beginning of November 2016

And? How does it look ad feel? Fit and finish? Comments? Use it yet?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,805  
I haven't had any issues with Harbor Freight tools yet. But I am just a weekend DIY Mechanic that use the tools 1-2x a month and I'd like to think I'm not too hard on them. I had 1 tool break once, it was a clamp. But i was able to exchange it at the store without any questions asked and I've been using this one now for about 3 years with no issues!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,806  
I haven't had any issues with Harbor Freight tools yet. But I am just a weekend DIY Mechanic that use the tools 1-2x a month and I'd like to think I'm not too hard on them. I had 1 tool break once, it was a clamp. But i was able to exchange it at the store without any questions asked and I've been using this one now for about 3 years with no issues!
HF is good that way for some tools where it's hard to make the investment in a little used tool.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,807  
Okay here is a HF tool that kinda doesn't suck. I just bought an easy out (screw extractor) set. Very first use, I shattered two drill bits in seconds. Reverted to my non HF bits and drilled the pilot holes. The HF extractor worked perfectly though to back out two 5/16-18 screws in the vice I am restoring.

IMG_8972.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,809  
Last time I used an easy out, the easy out broke off. My next easy out was to pay someone to remove the bolt.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,810  
Last time I used an easy out, the easy out broke off. My next easy out was to pay someone to remove the bolt.

I don't think I've ever used an easy out that didn't break. I suspect the reason is that I rarely use a drill press to drill out the stuck bolt and doing the drilling by hand just puts too much stress on the bit.

The last time I broke my easy out I ended up using a special small chisel to back the broken bolt out. I was impressed how well it worked compared to the easy out.