Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #61  
plastikosmd said:
harbor freight liftgate 200 bucks..lifting 600lb oven..came in handy, house jack is just to stabalize when i drag it onto the truck

Now you can have some SERIOUSLY dry welding rods!

Regarding Zen and pizza, make me one with everything!

Pat

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #62  
grin, ya..was selling the oven sadly. no room, it would prob. bake a pizza in 3 min..3phase high temp. anyhoo..it hooks into your hitch, also has those legs that drop down to give it extra support when lifting.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #63  
I couldnt find on HF's website.. You wouldn't know the part number would you? I'm thinking of getting a 50 gal tank for fuel and it would make it nice to unload from the truck.

Wedge

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #64  
wedge40 said:
I couldnt find on HF's website.. You wouldn't know the part number would you? I'm thinking of getting a 50 gal tank for fuel and it would make it nice to unload from the truck.

Wedge

Save a buck, get another barrel. When you load up to go get fuel take one with you and leave an empty behind. When you get back siphon the full tank into the one on the ground positioned where you want it. Then the barrel in the truck is empty and easy to unload. You don't have to stand around and monitor the siphon as if the tanks are the same size the lower one can't overflow.

If you want to spend some $ at HF they have shop cranes. I bought one on sale last week. It is a 2 ton for $147. The 1 1/2 ton costs more than that (not on sale.) It is hydraulic and is on wheels as well as is a folding model to save space if you want to put it away in confined space. It can lift stuff up so you can drive under it to load into the truck or to unload truck as well as pick up stuff away from the truck. If youir use of the lift gate is mostly at home the crane could be a better bet.

If you need to do the lifting away from home the lift gate is OK. Note there is a 1000 lb crane that mounts in the bed of the pickup and will load stuff into and from the bed and swings around to position stuff. I have nothing against lift gates but sometimes other methods may fit your intended use better and can handle more weight for less $.

Pat

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #65  
It took me quite a while to figure that my time is worth something and taking tools back that broke during their first use aren't worth a plug nickel to me, I do have a couple of things I bought there that I still have and think they were worth what I paid for them.

From dozens and dozens of items I bought, I like the yellow handled claw hammer and the welding magnets. I think that about covers it. I can't say that anything else I've purchased there I'd ever purchase again. :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #66  
well must have got the last one! havent checked in several years..cant find it either! o well. maybe painted with lead paint.....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #67  
The pneumatic grease gun I got from them has been great!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #68  
I think the secret is not having high expectations, know what you are getting. I have had good results with most of their stuff and a few failures like everybody else. But, they always refunded my money and all is well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #69  
Dargo said:
It took me quite a while to figure that my time is worth something and taking tools back that broke during their first use aren't worth a plug nickel to me, I do have a couple of things I bought there that I still have and think they were worth what I paid for them.

From dozens and dozens of items I bought, I like the yellow handled claw hammer and the welding magnets. I think that about covers it. I can't say that anything else I've purchased there I'd ever purchase again. :(

Dargo I think it depends on what you are doing with stuff from HF. If I am buying an item that I am going to use a lot I go for top of the line equipment. If it is something I am going to use rarely and dont have justification for spending a lot of money I go with harbor freight. To give you a small list of very succesful harbor freight purchases.

1. Auto darkening welding helmet. 49.00 and works really good.
2. Steel Cutting band saw. 159.00 on sale Everyone I work with that has a welder has one of these band saws and we have one at work. It works really well
3. Rock and tile wet saw. 189.00 on sale I have tiled lots of rooms in houses and it works very good.
4.10,000 pound 12 volt winch. Not nearly as good as some of the brand name winches but for the rare times I use it a good buy for 359.00
5. Plastic trays that hang on the wall for holding small items 10.00 very handy cheaply made but they work
6. corner tool holder (rakes brooms etc) 10.00 and works good very handy.

I have bought items that I were not as happy with and I may have taken one or two items back. But the stuff I have listed above has not given me any trouble other than the winch but that was something I did wrong and I was able to get the new parts to fix it with from Harbor Freight.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #70  
I am pretty new here and not too familiar with posting procedures. Anyway, I have a question rather than a reply. Would like to hear others feedback on HF ac/ox welding-cutting sets.

thx