Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,521  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,522  
The regular one probably gets the highest ratings for performance of all of them but is heavy. I

Heavy or light, they are all good. Hope this helps. They all have more power than you will ever need. I used to dismantle huge farm equipment with the regular one and never a problem rusty or not. They are the best.

Thanks [and to everyone else too!].

I'll let you know how it "turns" out...
T

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#7,523  
I picked up this tool cart for $160, with a coupon, and it really rocks for the price. Heavy construction, easy sliding drawers and nice features like gas strut on the top and a tool tray on the side. The heavy duty casters even have a grease fitting.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,524  
Got to check out the new black YUKON rolling workbench at HF yesterday, I thought it was pretty decent and I liked it better than similar stuff at the HD

Its still a toss up though on which place can dent and damage them more though :D

While I was there I took advantage of the new lower prices they have been advertising for about a week now and picked up two of Pittsburgh Pro 25" breaker bars for $14.99 ea. and another set of the 37 pc impact socket sets at $23.99. Those current prices are pretty much like using a 25% off coupon.

I also did the get the Lynxx electric chainsaw for the tool tent $10 off with coupon then they try to sell you a extended warranty for half as much again. No thanks I said and told if it is gonna die it probably will be within them 90 days :eek:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,525  
Was going to get the Yukon toolbox but got an identical one from northern tool but rebadged as mbi for $229

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,526  
I bought this Harbor Freight Manual Wood Splitter and I love it. Yes, it is not very fast compared to a hydraulic splitter but I only paid a little under $100 for it with a 20% off coupon. Keep in mind this is not something meant for somebody that heats their house with wood or somebody selling firewood, but for us, all we do is cut up and split trees that fall during storms and use it for camp firewood and one of those fire pits in your yard. I have yet to find something it wouldn't split, not saying you can't, but for the average person you'd be fine. Again, anyone that says it's slow, I get that. I do not burn firewood for my home. The 2 levers are a "fast" and "slow". One lever moves the cylinder faster but with less power and one lever moves the cylinder slow but with a lot of power. The pictures were taken from an Oak that went down during a storm yesterday. It's safer than a maul, gives you better looking pieces than a maul (unless you're very experienced), leaves you less sore, and can be done indoors. It was raining outside when I split this wood but yet I was able to do this in my carport.

20170615_195300.jpg

20170615_195451.jpg

20170615_202805.jpg

20170615_212240.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,527  
but, its slow...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,528  
12 Ton Hydraulic Gear Puller

This three jaw gear puller with a little added heat pulled the remaining part from the bottom side splined gear box after the huge disc with the two blades broke free on a stump. It weighs about 25 pounds and got the job done. The disc and attached blades must weigh around 200+ pounds.

The 40 year old factory weld had maybe a 10% penetration and half of the weld must have broken many years ago.

I used a 20% HF coupon so the cost was $80. I hope I never need it again.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,529  
12 Ton Hydraulic Gear Puller

This three jaw gear puller with a little added heat pulled the remaining part from the bottom side splined gear box after the huge disc with the two blades broke free on a stump. It weighs about 25 pounds and got the job done. The disc and attached blades must weigh around 200+ pounds.

The 40 year old factory weld had maybe a 10% penetration and half of the weld must have broken many years ago.

I used a 20% HF coupon so the cost was $80. I hope I never need it again.

I have an older version [it doesn't have a pump on the end, you just screw a center screw into the hub] and to take the brake discs off my F350, I had to make extension arms in order to get out to the diameter I needed, but it worked smooth as butter.

I have only used it once or twice ever since then, but that one job paid for it [less the 20% off coupon I used to buy it].

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,530  
I bought this Harbor Freight Manual Wood Splitter and I love it. Yes, it is not very fast compared to a hydraulic splitter but I only paid a little under $100 for it with a 20% off coupon. Keep in mind this is not something meant for somebody that heats their house with wood or somebody selling firewood, but for us, all we do is cut up and split trees that fall during storms and use it for camp firewood and one of those fire pits in your yard. I have yet to find something it wouldn't split, not saying you can't, but for the average person you'd be fine. Again, anyone that says it's slow, I get that. I do not burn firewood for my home. The 2 levers are a "fast" and "slow". One lever moves the cylinder faster but with less power and one lever moves the cylinder slow but with a lot of power. The pictures were taken from an Oak that went down during a storm yesterday. It's safer than a maul, gives you better looking pieces than a maul (unless you're very experienced), leaves you less sore, and can be done indoors. It was raining outside when I split this wood but yet I was able to do this in my carport.
Those are great. For a while, about 10 years ago, I was burning about a 1/4 cord of fireplace wood each winter. Mainly so I didn't have to lug it too the curb.

My procedure was to cut the logs to length outside and bring enough in for a good fireplace load. I set the splitter up on a large piece of cardboard in the rec room and would split while watching football. The splitter reminded me of a "nordic trac" for the arms.

Paid about the same for it 10 years ago.