Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,571  
I use a magnifying glass to find expiration dates on coupons then write the date in the picture large enough that I can read it. The magnifying glass that came with the extra hands type clamping device works well for this application.

Maybe HF should give away free magnifying glasses. Or, just print in large letters on every coupon: "All the good stuff in our store is excluded"

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,572  
Maybe HF should give away free magnifying glasses. Or, just print in large letters on every coupon: "All the good stuff in our store is excluded"

That pretty much sums it up!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,573  
Has anyone bought and used the HF Paint Shaker?

Paint Shaker - Pneumatic

From the reviews, it seems that those who did some pre-lube, tied it down well, and kept their air pressure at 25-40 psi had good results and some good service life. Those who didn't pre-lube and used full air pressure had problems.

I have several painting projects coming up and this seems like a reasonably priced labor saver.

It seems that you could use a 20% coupon with it as well? That would reduce price to under $96.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,574  
Didn't notice that. Did they add Herc brand to the long paragraph of fine print?

Yup- otherwise, after watching that tear down viddy-eoh, I'd already have one...

So those have worked well for you? Any problems with them at all?

Yes- they have been uniformly awesome- so much so that my SWMBO stopped complaining about the new ones showing up on the front porch- we have a compact impact driver, 3/8" and 1/2" drills- all Li-Ion cordless; 2x 7-amp angle grinders, a 1/2" drill, and a drywall screw gun- all corded, all refurbs, and all of them pretty darn close to new appearing, and definitely operating like new ones.

I got them all from here: Home page - as is the usual case- email specials are often significantly lower than posted sale prices.

I use a magnifying glass to find expiration dates on coupons then write the date in the picture large enough that I can read it. The magnifying glass that came with the extra hands type clamping device works well for this application.

Thanks for the upvote- I've been thinking about getting one for finer work- especially electronics work.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,575  
Has anyone used and compared the new 7 amp Hercules angle grinder to their 6 amp 'paddle switch' version? Both of these are still lower powered than a pro Milwaukee etc grinder.

I see the Hercules has a slide switch. I've found the paddle switch on the existing model to be much more convenient than the slide switch on their cheaper grinders. Comments?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,576  
I have the paint shaker, and have used it often over the several years I've had it. It works very well for me, at a bargain price compared to an electric one.

One word of caution though, secure that thing really well, and don't wander off too far, or you will be in danger of a big clean up job.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,577  
For the homeowner is it worth it to buy the pneumatic shaker? I have propeller-on-a-stick stirrers in two sizes, don't know if I need anything more than that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,578  
For the homeowner is it worth it to buy the pneumatic shaker? I have propeller-on-a-stick stirrers in two sizes, don't know if I need anything more than that.

I only shake cans when new (at the store), or if they have sat for like a year.. Otherwise I just use the drill mixers as most paints dont settle much day to day or even a after a couple of months.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,579  
I only shake cans when new (at the store), or if they have sat for like a year.. Otherwise I just use the drill mixers as most paints dont settle much day to day or even a after a couple of months.

Agreed.

Years ago I built a contraption to turn paint cans over and over. Powered it with a freebie rotisserie motor. They turned quite slowly, but I just ran them overnight, and the next day they were very well mixed. It was pretty easy to make, and used very little electricity.

Not much good for those who have no patience or don't plan ahead.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,580  
Chicago angle grinder, bought from HF like 5 years ago, is still performing adequately.